Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Night

Options
  • 27-05-2010 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭

Hello Havent been on this for a while now..

Just pondering a few friends are down at the weekend and were heading out for dinner and all that goes...Which place would you go to eat Scozzis or the Cornstore in a big debate about the two of them...Just looking for somplace price range in the middle with good atmosphere and nice staff

Also another one does anyone know of any good gay bars in Cork, I have been to the one across from the library and was not impressed they were really rude to me and would not let me back in and I was sober before it starts...need someplace fun again

one more thing i noticed looking at restaurant menus that a lot of places advertise there meat as corn fed, what do they do this does it not stop them selling it or is it by law or something that they have to say it is corn fed...Very surprised at the amount of places that have it

Comments

Chambers is a gay bar now, have never been but my sister was there with gay chaps she knows. Considered Market Lane for grub ? 'tis very nice.

I think corn fed animals are meant to have a nicer taste to them as their diet was good, nothing to do with legal requirements, sort of like free range eggs if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Milly33 wrote: »
    Which place would you go to eat Scozzis or the Cornstore

Have not been to either place however I have heard of Scoozis being described as a glorified burger bar....or a 'posh' burger joint my Dad (who has eaten there) has called it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

kingtut wrote: »
    Have not been to either place however I have heard of Scoozis being described as a glorified burger bar....or a 'posh' burger joint my Dad (who has eaten there) has called it.

I wouldnt have described it quite like that but I dont recommend it either.. their system of first come first served and not taking bookings can be a pain on a busy night.. you would need a plan B if thinking about Scoozies

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

Out to Eat?? Soho on the grand parade is hard to beat,great food great service.

A320 wrote: »

mmm

ish food, overpriced and in your face service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

had poor food in the cornstore last fri night :(
    how about wagamamas?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

A320 wrote: »

I agree, pricish perhaps, but food's nice and not sure what's ment by "in your face" service, service helpful and good any time I was there! There's loads of other places you could go to eat though, milanos, luigi malones, etc. a quick google gives plenty. But if ye're drinking soho has the advantage of also being a pub!

Scuzzi's is somewhere between mc donalds and a real restuarant, it is a glorifed fast food place imo! I tried it 3 times, each time was awful! The 3rd time food was wrong, then cold, service horrible, when the waitress corrected the wrong order she actually threw the plate on the table and said nothing...
    They did give me the dessert for free when I complained later though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

It is my opinion that Scoozi has become rather pricey of late considering the food is standard bistro fare.

The Corn Store is very hit and miss, but when its a hit it is very good, although sometimes they go a little over the top with the concept of Fusion food and fail.

I would have normally chosen Currans (up the top of North Main Street, i think is on Grattan Street of one of those ones, not sure exactly though) for a mid range meal, apart for the fact last time I was there it was bloody awful.

There are a numbe rof other places, like Cafe Bar Deli and Harvey's on academy street. Cant think of anywhere else off the top of my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Of the two restaurants, I'd go for the Cornstore. I agree it's hit and miss, but I still consider it overall better than Scoozi.
    Gay bars in Cork are pretty poor - as in, school disco bad. The Chambers is the best of a bad lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 hill1

Hi there, you could try market lane on oliver plunkett street, food is good, it would be about the same price as cornstore but they don't take reservations, Issacs and Greens on mccurtain street also very good and all about the same price. I don't really like scoozis that much but it be one of the cheaper of what is out there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Cobra Kai

CafeBarDeli is worth a look, nice food at a reasonable price.

Advertisement