Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Cossie pics - In an Impreza

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

I like the look of it but there's an element of Focus rear. Would love to see this in WRC, but alas...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

£50k and due for release next

So it'l be about 100,000 euro here?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Shame they have made such a balls of the shape of the new Impreza, but Id love to give one a spin nonetheless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Can't wait for the head-to-head comparo with the RS500...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

2 Espressi wrote: »
    Can't wait for the head-to-head comparo with the RS500...

There is none,it would destroy the Ford imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Watching top gear in times of old, my rule of thumb was double the sterling price to find Berty's price. I don't know about now with the VRT the way it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

De Hipster wrote: »
    I like the look of it but there's an element of Focus rear.

That's the first thing I noticed... wrecks the car!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

There is none,it would destroy the Ford imo

Agreed.

Maybe in a straight line they'd be comparable but I imagine the Impreza would make absolute sh1t of the Focus on a track when the AWD/FWD comparisons are shown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

If the factory price is the same it should be €80,000..

Vertakill wrote: »
    Agreed.

Maybe in a straight line they'd be comparable but I imagine the Impreza would make absolute sh1t of the Focus on a track when the AWD/FWD comparisons are shown.

According to different sources, the Focus RS500 will achieve 0-100km/h in 5.6 seconds and the Impreza will do it in just 3.7 seconds :eek:, so yah,the Impreza ****s all over the Focus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

+ tax :pac:

honestly for me subaru became... focus on anabolics after that "hatchbacking"... Not a fan of this generation at all, thought 400hp sounds yummy allright, but is that a good bang for you buck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Vertakill wrote: »
    Agreed.

how much hp is that new focus rs500 right? how much more hp they squizzed in to front :eek:

si_guru wrote: »
    If the factory price is the same it should be €80,000..

Eh....but £50k is 59k euros?

http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi?Amount=50000&From=GBP&To=EUR&image.x=46&image.y=14&image=Submit

Add in VRT

Ah sh!t i forgot about the old we're going to punish you for buying a car outside of ireland but disguise it as a re-registration levy tax. My mistake.

Mini-rant: Fcukin theives.

Add in VRT

They are not on the calculator but if if we compare with the GTR which has the same price tag of 50k stg. The vrt on a GTR is 36000 euro!! They would be in the same vrt bracket so vrt should be the same(ish)

Which brings me on to the next point Focus RS500 <<< Impreza cossie <<<<<<<<<<<<GTR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I think I'm in the minority of liking the new Impreza.

And the murdered out look of black on black on black is very tidy.

AND it's Cossie. What is there not to like?

Ah sh!t i forgot about the old we're going to punish you for buying a car outside of ireland but disguise it as a re-registration levy tax. My mistake.

Mini-rant: Fcukin theives.

FRP minus 15%.. change euro @1.15 add 21% add 35%.. easy
    Who are the "theives", revenue is your/our money...?

Who are the "theives", revenue is your/our money...?

Read this a few times & i still don't get it TBH.

Are you a fan of VRT?

Read this a few times & i still don't get it TBH.

Are you a fan of VRT?

The money collected in tax runs this country right? VRT is just a way of collecting it - nobody is stealing the money, it is spent on us.

If there was no VRT then VAT or Income tax would go up... VRT really only affects those who can afford to pay - those who choose to buy a new car. So it's the "tax the rich" system everyone claims to want.

..tax is a fact of life. You can't avoid it. Unless you can tell me how ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

A guy I work with had a loan of a Impreza Lichfield Type 25 two weeks ago, I never heard of it until he rang me telling me about it, will this be faster? I had a read on Lichfield Imports site and apparently it's the fastest Impreza to date

It aint only if you buy abroad, it's added into the price of every new car sold here

The money collected in tax runs this country right? VRT is just a way of collecting it - nobody is stealing the money, it is spent on us.

Are you taking the piss? What about the disgusting price on petrol, do you support that as well?

People in this country are already taxed to death. Tax absorbed by our government is supposed to fund things like our roads, health services & employment for the nation.
    Which are all in the sh!t at the moment so the only thing our tax money is running is politicians salaries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

Looks a bit like a toyota corolla beefed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Looks better than the regular Imprezas but I'd still have an FQ400 over it, based on looks anyway.

Are you taking the piss? What about the disgusting price on petrol, do you support that as well?

People in this country are already taxed to death. Tax absorbed by our government is supposed to fund things like our roads, health services & employment for the nation.
    Which are all in the sh!t at the moment so the only thing our tax money is running is politicians salaries.

Only Luxembourg and Spain are cheaper than Ireland for Petrol in Europe I think... Tax on a personal cars in Denmark is 180%... even when 2ndhand. that is 180 not 80. Pay for 3 get one. PRSI is 11% in the UK, where you have £1500+ annual property tax and about the same again for water.

How do you propose we collect the revenue?

Only Luxembourg and Spain are cheaper than Ireland for Petrol in Europe I think... Tax on a personal cars in Denmark is 180%... even when 2ndhand. that is 180 not 80. Pay for 3 get one. PRSI is 11% in the UK, where you have £1500+ annual property tax and about the same again for water.

How do you propose we collect the revenue?

So what you're essentially saying is; the cost of living, taxes & our current economic status are just fine?

Where is the tax payers money being well spent in order to justify VRT?

So what you're essentially saying is; the cost of living, taxes & our current economic status are just fine?

I think the problem as that the revenue from income has declined very heavily.. sadly.. and outgoings have gone up.. the salaries of TDs are a drop in the ocean in reality.

I can't say I love VRT. but rather have that than 33% income tax and 50% for high earners. In the 70's I remember 99% income tax for the megarich.. guess what happens... they leave.

Also here in Ireland State pensions and JSA payments are much higher than say the UK.

Finally, a side affect is that VRT protects Ireland from cheap cars flooding the secondhand market.. I used to live in the UK... you guys don't know what depreciation is!

Thanks for ruining a thread about a ****ing awesome car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

According to different sources, the Focus RS500 will achieve 0-100km/h in 5.6 seconds and the Impreza will do it in just 3.7 seconds :eek:, so yah,the Impreza ****s all over the Focus

Wow, the Focus is a lot slower than I thought, and the Impreza is a bit faster than I thought! :)

Thought the Focus would've been under 5 seconds and the Impreza around 4 seconds flat.

That's pretty impressive! Good oul' AWD launch!

• Advertisement

I think the problem as that the revenue from income has declined very heavily.. sadly.. and outgoings have gone up.. the salaries of TDs are a drop in the ocean in reality.

I can't say I love VRT. but rather have that than 33% income tax and 50% for high earners. In the 70's I remember 99% income tax for the megarich.. guess what happens... they leave.

Also here in Ireland State pensions and JSA payments are much higher than say the UK.

Finally, a side affect is that VRT protects Ireland from cheap cars flooding the secondhand market.. I used to live in the UK... you guys don't know what depreciation is!

I take your points.

But the reason i loathe the Vehicle Registration Theft is because i have been interested many times in the past in buying a car up north or in the uk but was always disgusted with the associated extra taxes & red tape.
    No im not well off (far from it i just like my cars), i just don't like being ripped off when i buy a car.

Example; In 2007 i was after a 2000 Subaru legacy B4 & some of the prices here were just disgusting, 13,14k. In the UK? maybe 7 or 8 grand for the same car with usually less mileage.
    After getting out the calculator & factoring extra costs it was all go until i hit a brick wall in the shape of VRT. Idea Abandoned.

Eventually got one in cork with 90,000+ miles for a hefty 12,500 euro.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,794 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

tut tut, a Porsche'd cost you less :D

btw, I think the car looks like a Rover 45 with a bodykit.

I'm sure it's good. But it still looks like a Rover 45.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I take your points.

But the reason i loathe the Vehicle Registration Theft is because i have been interested many times in the past in buying a car up north or in the uk but was always disgusted with the associated extra taxes & red tape.
    No im not well off (far from it i just like my cars), i just don't like being ripped off when i buy a car.

Example; In 2007 i was after a 2000 Subaru legacy B4 & some of the prices here were just disgusting, 13,14k. In the UK? maybe 7 or 8 grand for the same car with usually less mileage.
    After getting out the calculator & factoring extra costs it was all go until i hit a brick wall in the shape of VRT. Idea Abandoned.

theres already multiple threads for that, any chance ya stop spouting about it in this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

This is not a VRT thread!!!! It's about an Impreza!

Let's get back on topic please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Have Cosworth actually tinkered with a boxer engine before, or is this a first?

This is not a VRT thread!!!! It's about an Impreza!

Let's get back on topic please.

Sorry. Hijack over.

I think that car is interesting.. but it's not radical like the original Cossie.. in that for the time 210bhp was just mad in normal car.

Also back in 1986.. very few people had new cars... never mind ones that coast twenty grand stirling.. 2 x the price of a 2.0GHIA IIRc.

• Advertisement

Think the preza looks mean. Love the dark alloys. Always liked black cars with black alloys.

Think the preza looks mean. Love the dark alloys. Always liked black cars with black alloys.

Are you "the Hoff"??

Are you "the Hoff"??

Maybe i am, maybe im not. Turbo boost!

Advertisement