Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

a lovely irish summer cycle

• 27-05-2010 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

The sun was shinning this morning, so got me summer garb on and decided to take to the hills.
    obviously this angered the gods with my blatant disregard of the irish summer, half way up my ascent the skies darkened and hailstones battered me senseless. On reaching the top the wind was so fierce that my already sodden body froze, l begun to resemble a mountain goat not for my climbing prowess but my gonads sought refuge somewhere under my chin.
    on the descent the sun shone but also brought out the 'irish' dogs, one by one they lay await in the bottom of hedgerows ,grasping their chance to chase and harry me , till near the bottom l looked like the pied piper of collie dogs , as pursued by a pack of slobbering beasts l cycled like my life depended upon it. Until they were lost at the edge of town.

take heed all you going for a spin take a scarf and a shotgun

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

or a lightweight waterproof ? ;)

mind you only managed about 3 days in shorts this year so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭Saxobank

This provided me with a good laugh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Nice one.

although I generally find that the more vicious the dog - the closer he lives to the top of the hill!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

or a lightweight waterproof ? ;)

To be fair Ed, Donegal does have it's own microclimate that doesn't seem to get to the rest of the country :p

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

*ahem*anyone see the wimp list around.......:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

To be fair Ed, Donegal does have it's own microclimate that doesn't seem to get to the rest of the country :p

your not wrong there, 7 degrees at the moment outside
    *ahem*anyone see the wimp list around.......:pac:
    feck off :p my knees dont like been cold

Advertisement