Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money Lenders

Options
  • 27-05-2010 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi.
    Does anyone on here know if there are any official money lenders in Letterkenny and i dont mean loan shark type people.
    I am just looking for around €500 to tie me over for a few weeks. I know i will pay more when paying it back but my bank has knocked my back because i am only working part time.
    Thanks

Ed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Eddmacc

Due to the lack of replies,I am wondering if there are no such firms in the area or is it because it is kind of a taboo subject that no one wants to admit to knowing of any?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

First of all bear in mind that the forum does not have people viewing it 24/7. Evening/night time is when the forum gets a little busier.

Secondly the limited amount of people who view and post in this forum may not know of any money lenders so be patient and someone may be able to respond to your query.

Finally any "official" money lender must fall under the watchful eye of the financial regulator therefore (unless I am mistaken) the only type of "official" money lenders you will find are the banks, building societies and the good old credit union.

Any other type of lender is a loan shark and I wouldn't allow their details to be posted here.

muffler wrote: »
    First of all bear in mind that the forum does not have people viewing it 24/7. Evening/night time is when the forum gets a little busier.

Secondly the limited amount of people who view and post in this forum may not know of any money lenders so be patient and someone may be able to respond to your query.

Finally any "official" money lender must fall under the watchful eye of the financial regulator therefore (unless I am mistaken) the only type of "official" money lenders you will find are the banks, building societies and the good old credit union.

Any other type of lender is a loan shark and I wouldn't allow their details to be posted here.

Sorry if my post was taken in the wrong way. When i re read the post, it gave the impression that i was in some way slagging the forum or some of its members. That was not my intention.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭.17hmr

Eddmacc wrote: »
    Hi.
    Does anyone on here know if there are any official money lenders in Letterkenny and i dont mean loan shark type people.
    I am just looking for around €500 to tie me over for a few weeks. I know i will pay more when paying it back but my bank has knocked my back because i am only working part time.
    Thanks

Ed
    YEP The Credit Union help me out meny a time if you dont ask you wont get.good luck with it any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Dirac98

Try providentpersonalcredit.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Eddmacc wrote: »
    Sorry if my post was taken in the wrong way. When i re read the post, it gave the impression that i was in some way slagging the forum or some of its members. That was not my intention.
    Its grand. I didnt really read anything into it other than being a little impatient waiting for a reply. No probs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 mmcm888

There used to be a pawn shop down by McDonalds (forget what that road is called). I haven't a clue how they work and what you'd need to pawn to get €500.

m.

mmcm888 wrote: »
    There used to be a pawn shop down by McDonalds (forget what that road is called). I haven't a clue how they work and what you'd need to pawn to get €500.

m.

My Body!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

muffler wrote: »
    Finally any "official" money lender must fall under the watchful eye of the financial regulator therefore (unless I am mistaken) the only type of "official" money lenders you will find are banks etc.
    There are officially regulated money lenders who aren't loan sharks. Very high interest rates though ...

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Is there one of those Gold for Cash shops in Letterkenny?

Surely,you might have something that you could sell in The Dealer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

LoanShark wrote: »
    Is there one of those Gold for Cash shops in Letterkenny?

Surely,you might have something that you could sell in The Dealer?

There is and there is also a pawn shop down in the same row of shops as garys pet world, the gold place is in the courtyard, also one in richmond centre in derry, ive never seen the doors opened on the one in the courtyard mind just seems like a phone number on the window

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

There is and there is also a pawn shop down in the same row of shops as garys pet world, the gold place is in the courtyard, also one in richmond centre in derry, ive never seen the doors opened on the one in the courtyard mind just seems like a phone number on the window

I passed it yesterday and the door was ajar there was someone sitting in their read a newspaper

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jobest

i have tried seeking for a money lender but most are spam..and fake..Real private money lenders do they exist?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

jobest wrote: »
    i have tried seeking for a money lender but most are spam..and fake..Real private money lenders do they exist?

Try Provident. Online application, they get back to you then.

Advertisement