Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best football boots

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

A young lad in 6th class here did a project for the Young Scientist of the Year Awards about football boots and how they affect you. He interviewed GAA players, rugby players and soccer players. He won an award for it alright.

He damaged, quite seriously, one of the ligaments in his knee when he was in 4th or 5th class and it was due to his boot getting caught in the ground.

I've always bought Adidas but have never bought a "real" pair of boots. Always the knock off, €25 ones (kids size ftw!).

Got these for the new football season:

Mar09_5F00_11adipurome_5F00_topban.jpg

Cost me €2 with a €20 voucher!

Bought these ones to store away for when they are needed, €19.99:

661806.JPG

I've been wearing white boots since I was very young. Not going changing now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

moikey wrote: »
    Ended up with a pair of these got them last week only pair with my size,
    was thinking hoping it would'nt rain all week,
    would I still be ok wearing these in the wet or would I be all over the place as they are FG.

Adidas Absolado X FG

They'll be fine even in softer ground.

Fact is, unless we have a complete torrent for weeks over here, the pitches are generally so bad, that they are still really hard, even when its been lashing rain for days.

Unless the pitch is a complete quagmire (in which case it will probably be called off anyway) they will be perfect.

I've used my FG pred's (I linked them above) for just over a season now, through hail, rain, sleet, snow and scorching (in Ireland lol) sun, and never had a problem with grip.

Mars Bar - in fairness, I would never advise anyone to purchase 'knock off' versions of boots. You never know what sort of quality you're getting.

Mars Bar - in fairness, I would never advise anyone to purchase 'knock off' versions of boots. You never know what sort of quality you're getting.

I hear ya, I've tried proper Nike ones and they nearly destroyed my feet. Went back to the old reliables. No blisters makes Mars Bar :D.

I usually get a year out of them too.

mars bar wrote: »
    I hear ya, I've tried proper Nike ones and they nearly destroyed my feet. Went back to the old reliables. No blisters makes Mars Bar :D.

I usually get a year out of them too.

Right so :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

they aren't knock off versions, they are kids size. they are just designed for smaller lighter people.

she is a girl, they fit, she weighs a lot less than a male, they will work fine for her.

Seaneh wrote: »
    they aren't knock off versions, they are kids size. they are just designed for smaller lighter people.

she is a girl, they fit, she weighs a lot less than a male, they will work fine for her.

Thats fair enough, but the original post would suggest 'knock-off' versions...

Right so :rolleyes:

What's with the :rolleyes:?
    Seaneh wrote: »

Thats fair enough, but the original post would suggest 'knock-off' versions...

Well, to be fair to Dublin_Gunner, I did say knock off versions coz I thought they were. The material does be more plastic-y compared to the ones you pay €80-90 for. I thought they were "knock off" versions.

Yay for kids sizes though! :D

mars bar wrote: »
    What's with the :rolleyes:?

I thought you were making out that 'knock-off' versions were better than the real deal!

My apologies!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

mizuno-neogrado-wave-2.jpg

I thought they were pretty kew at the time.

Best ever were dwight yorkes white nike ones. Bought em. Was first on team to hav white boots!

dwight-yorke.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement