Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless N Router for under €80

Options
  • 27-05-2010 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

hi im looking to buy a new router, one that comes with wireless n functionality.

i read that the Belkin N1 Wireless Router is very good, is that still so or is there a better one on the market, also is there different models of this belkin router?

thank you..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Im brand-loyal to linksys. They have a ton of N models that should be under that price point: look at the E1000 for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Avoid Belkin, avoid, avoid. They make some terrible networking products that barely see out the warranty sometimes and give nothing but trouble. I've seen this first hand, I setup lots of routers, the only household brand I recommend is Linksys. Although I've seen the odd Linksys reset or lock up, nowhere near the amount of casualties of other brands.
    http://www.komplett.ie/Komplett/product/ZKB_01COM/18_NETWORK/14_ROUTER/productdetails/15349018/Linksys_Wireless-N_Home_broadband_Router/WRT160N-EW/default.aspx

Buffalo are quite good also, not had much experience with them personally but like Linksys some of them can be flashed with dd-wrt to open them right up
    http://lifehacker.com/178132/hack-attack-turn-your-60-router-into-a-600-router

Edit: The Buffalo is a better router and great value at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'm in the market for a new DSL Router as my current 3Com Officeconnect Wireless-G Router just isn't reaching far enough in the new house ...

I've been looking at the Buffalo range, but the integrated modem version (WBMR-G300N) isn't getting great reviews. Would the above mentioned Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N work correctly with the 3com if I simply connected a ethernet cable from the 3com to the WAN port on the Buffalo?

Ideally I'd prefer an all-in-one modem/router with the best wireless range/performance I can get for around the same €80 mark as the OP.

Any suggestions.. cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

I am a d-link fan.

I was looking at these myself. But think I am going to go for one with gigabit ports now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

I just bought this One. 50 cent over your limit:D No delivery charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Wcool

Is there any wireless N giga-bit router out there that can be flashed by openwrt or dd-wrt or tomato?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I'm looking to get an N setup and was wondering the differences between N, N1, N+ and N ultra. Is there any?

I'm looking for a router that has a connecting port for the phone line input. I'm with UTV and I need to go through Eircom. I have a buffalo G router now but I need the range. Anybody have any suggestions for cards also? Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Wcool wrote: »
    Is there any wireless N giga-bit router out there that can be flashed by openwrt or dd-wrt or tomato?

Linksys do one:
    http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-Linksys-WRT320N-Dual-Band-Wireless-N-Gigabit/dp/B001SEL326/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1277238571&sr=8-2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Have a look at the netgear wndr3700 this is pretty damm good router might be slighty out of your budget though..
    Long time linksys user after the fiasco with the 610 from linksys I went out and bought this one, couldn't be happier.

also take a look at this site here, tons of reviews and performance stats on the majority of routers and switches.
    http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/component/option,com_chart/Itemid,189/

• Advertisement
Advertisement