Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smokers Outside The Hospital Doors

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Forgot I used to smoke. Hadn't really thought of it until today :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

phlegms wrote: »
    Forgot I used to smoke. Hadn't really thought of it until today :cool:

Hey, that's fantastic! Well done!

No cravings at all then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

smokers outside hospitals??? whats wrong with that?

Hotaru wrote: »
    Hey, that's fantastic! Well done!

No cravings at all then?

Not really, I'm rather surprised tbh. The first 2/3 weeks were a bit crap, but once the habit stopped being habitual it was easy to let it go.

Advice to smokers; I understand it's nice and enjoyable and all that, but once you give up you'll find it hard to remember why you smoked in the first place. Plus I'm saving monies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Brendog wrote: »
    smokers outside hospitals??? whats wrong with that?

I draw your attention to the following:
    Hotaru wrote: »
    *Ahem*

The title is a song lyric, this thread is not literally about smokers outside hospital doors. It's just all apt and ironic and stuff so yes. Just clearing that up.

Continue!

Also, just reading the OP makes it fairly obvious that this is just a thread about smoking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

phlegms wrote: »
    Not really, I'm rather surprised tbh. The first 2/3 weeks were a bit crap, but once the habit stopped being habitual it was easy to let it go.

Advice to smokers; I understand it's nice and enjoyable and all that, but once you give up you'll find it hard to remember why you smoked in the first place. Plus I'm saving monies!

I stopped for a while. But I always ended up smoking when I went out, most of which I don't remember, but has been proven by photographic evidence :(

And I bought some tobacco to get me through the repeats.

But that'll be it. Hopefully.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I smoke myself, trying to give up tho so I've cut down to 5 a day. Already feel much better.

As for the hospital situation, I was with my mate in A&E and went outside for a smoke only to see their were doctors and nurses outside smoking too. Had a little giggle to myself.

Jay P wrote: »
    I stopped for a while. But I always ended up smoking when I went out, most of which I don't remember, but has been proven by photographic evidence :(

And I bought some tobacco to get me through the repeats.

But that'll be it. Hopefully.

I tried giving up during exams, it didn't work so well. I ended up smoking twice as much as I did when I first gave up. Best thing to do when giving up is to attempt it in a period of time when you will have the least reasons to smoke. For me that was during summer after exams, I knew I wouldn't be very stressed and knew I wouldn't be going at as much cos' everyone is away and such. Thats what worked for me anyway. Good Luck!

Advertisement