Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident outside the Mucky Duck?

Options
  • 27-05-2010 3:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Tried to drive up the small street outside the Mucky Duck about 90 minutes ago and it was all closed off with guards standing on it. Any idea whats happened now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

That pub has made the news a few times in the past.

The Gardai often raid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭phill106

Nurses from johns hospital having staff party? Gardai sniffin round :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I've been living in Limerick for all of my 27 years, and I've never heard of that place! Where is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Fizman wrote: »
    I've been living in Limerick for all of my 27 years, and I've never heard of that place! Where is it?

Nicholas Street ya newb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Fizman wrote: »

Its on the corner of the first junction after the Locke Bar diagonally opposite St. Marys Cathedral as you drive out towards Corbally.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

It used to be Dick Devane's.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Azphyxi8 wrote: »
    It used to be Dick Devane's.

What is Nolans as well or something?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

They werent in the pub, about 50mtrs up the road from it. Cant see anything online yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

apparently there was another shooting, one of my friends just posted on facebook that there was another shooting and then i came on here and there was this thread, so i presume its the same thing..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Harpy wrote: »
    apparently there was another shooting, one of my friends just posted on facebook that there was another shooting and then i came on here and there was this thread, so i presume its the same thing..

Hmmm - Harpys Mate seems to have thought it was Duck Season down Mucky Duck Lane - Interupting Melions commute home from Shannon :mad:

Case closed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Ronan_Eoghan

Friends of mine who live in the area said it was something to do with the new youth centre,and not a shooting(for once).Now if I could explain why the police are racing up and down my street(old clare street)I'd probably feel better,heh

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

Local radio news at 1800 reported that Gardai say there was no incident.
    The road was closed to allow for the erection of a marquee in relation to some
    festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

lasno wrote: »
    festival.

So now we have News Bulletins to inform People that there hasn't been a shooting?
    .......And in other news, nobody has been shot dead in Limerick today, so far. Sport and Weather is next.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Raiser wrote: »
    So now we have News Bulletins to inform People that there hasn't been a shooting?

Heh heh heh

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

lasno wrote: »
    festival.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭RINO87

Mc Love wrote: »

....oh dear!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Raiser wrote: »

It is 95FM, if they put out news now it would spoil the bulletins they put out at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Mc Love wrote: »
    Somebody isn't getting any lately :D

Advertisement