Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this possible? - Moving network question

Options
  • 27-05-2010 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

I recently posted a thread about Meteor Billpay Smart Lite and the fact that I have to switch between networks as a workaround to maintain my current PAYG number.

Anyway, that got me think why I couldn't just change networks regularly to avail of the offers that you often see from competing networks to attract new customers. For example, Meteor offer €150 free credit (when you top up by €20 per month you get phased credits of €10 each month for 15 months). O2 have a similar offer of approximately €125 which I can currently avail of having ported to their network a few days ago having previously availed of Meteors offer a few years ago. So what's to stop me switching networks and availing of these offers ever 12-15months. Not saying it's very practical, nor would I necessarily want to do it but I'm just wondering are there any regulations in place to stop this kind of practice?

Another reason I'm asking is a poster on my other thread mentioned that I may have to serve a minimum term on my PAYG account with O2 before being allowed to switch back, though I can't find any information online relating to this. Would really appreciate if anyone can clarify this :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement