Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting Agent question

Options
  • 27-05-2010 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭

Hey i have a few questions about Letting Agents. Our agent organised a "routine inspection" last week, all went well I thought, there is no damage to the property so I wasn't concerned. So first question, is this normal?? I have heard of it before but all the years in renting Ive never had it happen.

Second part is that I have a cat and a dog, when we viewed the place we asked the guy what his position was on pets and he said that he did not want to know,that as long as we returned the property in same condition they didnt care. But he returned after the inspection (he didnt conduct it) and stated that he personally needed to inspect the property for damage that may be caused my animals-which is none,im very responsible pet owner. He has said that as we are breaking the terms of the lease he will have to send a letter to us stating that if there is any damage that we are responsible (i would have thought we would be anyway)He said they would be back in about 4-5months for another routine inspection anyway. I told him he was free to make an appointment anytime to view it.

So do you guys think i have reason to be concerned??? Whole thing seems a bit odd to me? Why mention that we are breaking the lease but not evict?? :confused:

Sorry for long post!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

Routine inspections are perfectly normal, nearly all letting agents do them, no need to worry.

The pet issue is sort of different... stange he said he didnt want to know about it. Reckon hes just trying to cover his own back by sending the letter. They're not evicting you because they dont want to/ are happy with you guys as tenants.

Might be easier for future inspections to remove the pets, if possible..... out of sight out of mind, and all that.

Advertisement