Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kasabian

Options
  • 27-05-2010 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else think Kasabian dont get the attention they deserve.

Imo they are one of the best bands around at the moment. Their first album is up their in my all time favourite albums. It's one of those rare albums that you can listen to right through and love every song. Quality.

Second album was a bit of a let down but they came back on form with West Ryder.

The reason I say this is because someone bought me 1001 albums to listen to before you die and "Kasabian" wasn't in it. Big omission imo. When I noticed I started to think about it and it seems to me that they aren't as big as I think they should be.

What you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I really like them. There was a short period where they got a good bit of attention but I think now and in their early period, they didn't get the attention they deserve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

I only like one of their songs... Underdog!
    I havn't even tried to listen to the rest of their songs tbh.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

DylanS09 wrote: »

Get their first album kasabian. It's quality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

The debut album and West Ryder... are two albums I really love. Real energetic live act also but have done their songs in acoustic settings as well.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

They're a band that've really developed for the better through the years and their albums keep getting better...West Ryder's a gem!
    Also a great live band as well as recording there's brilliant energy at their gigs...their show a few years ago in Dublin Castle was quality.

But I hate that nearly every second ad on tv has a Kasabian tune on it...I saw a sofa company's ad with Underdog playing!! I think this stains the band a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

West Ryder is awesome. I can hear bits of early Pink Floyd in parts, The Byrds in other parts, not afraid to pay homage to classic rock but still doing their own modern pyschedelic thing too. The title track with the actress Rosario Dawson is probably the catchiest thing I've heard in ages, cant stop whistling it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I fukking loved the debut album when it came out, must of listened to it straight through dozens of times during the months after I got it, which is very rare for me with any new album....Then Empire came out and I thought it was mind numbingly boring and physically painful to listen to in large sections. Awful stuff all together, one of the worst albums released that year.....So after when WRPLA came out I didn't even listen to it. The only song I have heard off it is Fire, which I thought was kinda ok. But WRPLA seems to be getting good reviews here so I guess I should give it a listen through over the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭thelastpartizan

DylanS09 wrote: »

That's fantastic, did you know I've never been Scuba Diving before

That's fantastic, did you know I've never been Scuba Diving before

Lowest form of wit mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

amazing band there debut album is my favorite album ever. saw these live loads of times and each performance was 10 out of 10. im telling yas listen to there b side tunes there brilliant amazing records. julie and the mothman is class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

BBC seem to use their tracks a fair bit, maybe not a household name but I think they're doing well for themselves. Not like you heard them down the local and they're not getting any further than that.

off to listen to processed beats now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

they were fantastic in the o2 in november, i brought a few mates who only knew a few songs and they left amazed. i hope they wow everyone at oxegen this year and get the attention deserve. the amount of people saying they shouldnt headline is mad, hope they eat their words. im going to t in the park, ill be up the front!

Yeh the o2 was a savage gig. One of the best ones I've been at. Still hopin I get to oxegen the day they playin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

They're one of the bigger bands in the world they definitely get a lot of attention. I'm not even sure they should get as much as they do. They've a good few good songs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Average enough band imo. I have all their albums and if you picked out the best tunes you could probably made one great record.

Saw them live and they have a few good festival anthems ('Fire' and 'Club Foot' are class).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

i think they are the ****test band on the planet. Id rather listen to barby girl.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Average enough band imo. I have all their albums and if you picked out the best tunes you could probably made one great record.

Saw them live and they have a few good festival anthems ('Fire' and 'Club Foot' are class).

have to disagree there first album and west ryder i think every song on dem albums are class. there 2nd album was rushed and ders only i think 4 at best good songs on it. best live band ive ever seen thought pure class

red_ice wrote: »
    i think they are the ****test band on the planet. Id rather listen to barby girl.[/Q

even worse than razorlight ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

Sadly they are lumped in with been the new Oasis although for me they are musical more advance then Oasis ever were but they like to talk up their lad cred which one of things i hated about oasis playing dumb for dumb sake.

But along with Arctic monkeys and Muse they are one of the bands to stand out from the all hailing Amercian rock and indie scene which has ruled supreme for the last ten years or so.

The first two albums were decent with top singles to give 'em a bit of a stand out point to the rest of the average british indie music and their third album was a great little record which should give them a longer career.

Saw them at the O2(the night after Arctic monkeys who were great live too) and dublin castle both were Epic nights out as were their support slot with Oasis at Slane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

I have no opinion :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement