Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinner Mullingar

Options
  • 27-05-2010 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I have a date next week in Mullingar mid week. Can anyone suggest a nice restaurant for dinner? Italian maybe? And where I can find it in the town.
    All help appreciated for a successful evening
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I was in Pasta Bella recently and the food was good.

Reasonably priced as well.

I think there an early bird menu as well, €18.95 for a four course I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Lynfo

I was in Pasta Bella once and never went back, maybe it was an off day but I found the place dirty and could've cooked nicer pasta myself.

I've been to Oscars a couple of times which is nice: http://www.ireland-guide.com/establishment/oscars_restaurant.4083.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭athlone M

Have to agree with lynfo I too was in pasta bella and found it a disaster the service was brutal the food wasn't great and to make matters a whole lot worse I was heavily pregnant and had a table booked and was still seated after a couple of regulars came in after us who hadn't a table booked.
    Needless to say revved up on hormones I rang the next day to complain and was given a voucher and my husband and I went back again this time the service was better but it was only after opening and we were the only people there but I wouldn't rate the food and we have never returned.
    Have you thought of maybe the bloomfield restaurant, ideal, quiet and lovely food and think they do an early bird menu too.
    Oh and good luck with the date

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Ilia Tapas & More gets my vote, a bit on the pricey side but so well worth it, and also do early bird mon to thur: http://www.iliatapasandmore.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpt Beefheart

I'd vote for Ilia tapas as well especially if you are trying to make an impression. Good luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Lynfo

Forgot about Ilia tapas, I've never been but it got a fantastic write up in the paper a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭cml387

Nobody mentioned Oscars yet.

For a date, a guaranteed bet because both of you will find something you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭coillcam

cml387 wrote: »
    Nobody mentioned Oscars yet.

For a date, a guaranteed bet because both of you will find something you like.

I was in Oscars this week and I found the food in general to be of decent quality but definitely over-priced. The people(who were regulars) in our group said there is very little change in the menu over time too. Everybody was pretty happy overall and the service was top notch fwiw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭motorman

Thanks for all the replys guys, its Tapas or Oscars then.

Advertisement