Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Road Bike Pedals

• 27-05-2010 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    Just ordered my Boardman Road Bike Carbon. Can anyone suggest pedals for around the €100 mark? I have Mavic Pedals on my old bike and have had no troubles with them. I'll also have to look at new shoes to go with my new bike;) so any ideas would be grateful
    Thanks Olmo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Bullmastiff

I got black Shimano 105 pedals for my Boardman roadie for €55 from Cyclesuperstore Tallaght and am very happy with em.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

olmo wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    Just ordered my Boardman Road Bike Carbon. Can anyone suggest pedals for around the €100 mark? I have Mavic Pedals on my old bike and have had no troubles with them. I'll also have to look at new shoes to go with my new bike;) so any ideas would be grateful
    Thanks Olmo

Any of the Time RXS pedals are good IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Sorry for the threadjack but I just need to share that I got my new bike, first-time clipless pedals and all, home safely from the bike shop yesterday. The very nice young man in the shop advised against using them straight away and suggested much clipping in and out practice, whilst propping oneself up against the kitchen counter. However, my trust in my trackstand-fu was strong and the Curse of the Spud Fall will have to wait another day.

Obviously, I know nothing of clipless pedals but in an effort to assist, I will advise you to avoid my schoolboy error and get them in a colour which matches your bike.

You may now proceed with your scheduled thread and I hope that you and your new pedals have a long and happy life together.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

I use Look Keo Classic pedals and i find them great, really secure and easy to clip in and out of!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I would suggest

Look Keo
    Time RXS
    Shimano SPD-SL
    or Speedplays

Shimano SPD (not -SL) if you don't race and want to be able to walk in the shoes.

Seriously though you will get a different answer from anyone depending on what pedal system they happen to use. I use Time RXS which has the following advantages: reasonably cheap entry level pedal, generally lighter than the other systems for the price, good amount of float, and for a road pedal quite a walkable cleat. They have the disadvantage that some people can kick the front off them quite easily if they slip when clipping in (happened to me and several friends) although this is replaced under warranty. Clipping in can also be a bit tricky but once in you are secure.

Shoes are very much down to what fit your feet. I fit well in Sidi, Specialized and Shimano sandals.

• Advertisement
Advertisement