Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joanna Newsom set for Grand Canal Theatre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

Can't see the gig listed on ticketmaster - only one in Manchester. And yes I am on ticketmaster.ie

Anyone else having the same problem??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Check out Joanna Newson on ticketmaster ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

But I wanna see Joanna Newsom! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭KJF

Just booked my tickets. Delighted. Saw her in the Olympia in 2007 and she was amazing. Looking forward to checking out Grand Canal Theatre too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Woo tickets bought, row E in the stalls :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Got row D at 9:00. The Ticketmaster lady said it was "nearly sold out", but I'm back at my desk now and tried for one seat as an experiment and was offered a good spot in row K.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Damn it - I went for 'Best Available' at 9 and only got Row H.

They've fixed the typo on her name too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Amazingly i got tickets just now, circle row f right in the middle, happy with that, can't believe i forgot to get them at 9, spent the whole drive to sork going it'll be sold out.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Amazingly i got tickets just now, circle row f right in the middle, happy with that, can't believe i forgot to get them at 9, spent the whole drive to sork going it'll be sold out.

Due to excess drinking last night I would have completely forgotten if my girlfriend hadn't said "Don't forget about Joanna" when she was leaving the house this morning.

I was lying in bed thinking "Who the hell is Joanna and what do I have to do to her?" for about five minutes before it dawned on me. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Got row D at 9:00. The Ticketmaster lady said it was "nearly sold out", but I'm back at my desk now and tried for one seat as an experiment and was offered a good spot in row K.

I was down there (to avoid Ticketmaster donchaknow) at lunchtime and they were back to about t or v in the stalls. The Stalls go back to CC and then there's the circle & upper circle. Just checked now and the stalls are up to W.

In my cack handedness I managed to drop the tickets somewhere on the short cycle back to the office. Thankfully they'll cancel & reissue. A big PHEW at this end of the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Just got this from ticketmaster. Soemone's on the ball

Event Info
    Joanna Newsom at the Grand Canal Theatre on 14 September 2010.
    Doors: 18:30
    Show Starts: 17:30

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

At least they managed to spell her name correctly. :rolleyes:

Yeah just came here to post that!

Either we're going to be waiting 23 hours for the gig to begin, or Grand Canal Theatre has more advanced time travel abilities than I've been led to believe. Or ticketmaster are a bit slow. The latter one.

Surely we just listen to the show outside for an hour before we're allowed in to take our seats?

It's not as bad as the time MCD got Smog's Myspace page mixed up with some teenage girl's from California a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

This day week 6 days , woot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Just went on ticketmaster this morning and got 1 ticket for myself (billy no mates:( ) in row B. Delighted with that though :)
    Fairly surprised there were any tickets left, although I was only getting 1 ticket.

Excitement for this! Have genuinely been waiting for Tuesday since her last transcendent gig in the Olympia.

Excitement for this! Have genuinely been waiting for Tuesday since her last transcendent gig in the Olympia.

I missed that one so this will be my first time seeing her. Looking forward to checking out the venue too.

I missed that one so this will be my first time seeing her. Looking forward to checking out the venue too.

Yeah venue looks great. Have fantastic seats too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

I was down there (to avoid Ticketmaster donchaknow) at lunchtime and they were back to about t or v in the stalls. The Stalls go back to CC and then there's the circle & upper circle. Just checked now and the stalls are up to W.

In my cack handedness I managed to drop the tickets somewhere on the short cycle back to the office. Thankfully they'll cancel & reissue. A big PHEW at this end of the phone.

Picked up my replacement tickets and am now soooooo excited about this. I'm afraid I'll overdo it, coz I can't see how this gig is going to be as good as it is in my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

In her interview in The Ticket, she mentioned that she'll have her full band with her. Can't wait!

Picked up my replacement tickets and am now soooooo excited about this. I'm afraid I'll overdo it, coz I can't see how this gig is going to be as good as it is in my head.

Just picture her turning up 90 minutes late and , walking off stage after someone has thrown plastic bottles at her....nah that was a guns n roses concert!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

Any idea what time she'll be onstage and what time she'll be off? I'm trying to work going to see her around feeding a sickly guinea pig!

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Just went on ticketmaster this morning and got 1 ticket for myself (billy no mates:( ) in row B. Delighted with that though :)
    Fairly surprised there were any tickets left, although I was only getting 1 ticket.

snap, also in row b:D

I was buying one off a chap on toutless in row W, wasnt sure how much they were so I searched on ticketmaster, had a look to see if there were any left and saw row b

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

dan185 wrote: »
    snap, also in row b:D

I was buying one off a chap on toutless in row W, wasnt sure how much they were so I searched on ticketmaster, had a look to see if there were any left and saw row b

See you at the front!!

Is there support tonight?

Any proper word on stage times? Is it 7.30 or are they still putting her on an hour before the doors open as they claimed last week?

Support is Roy Harper. Show starts 7.30 according to GCT website so my guess would be Harper till 8.00 Newsom from 8.30 with 10.30 finish.

Roy Harper supporting ,uber cool :)

Hopefully will make it for the support, will be pushing it a wee bit though!

Still, two hours or so til Joanna! w00t!

• Advertisement

Keep in mind my times are only estimates. Heading in for about 6.45 myself. If support is on earlier than 7.30 Ill update the toutless twitter.

Advertisement