Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin restaurants offering al fresco dining

Options
  • 27-05-2010 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

Now that summer if (sort of) here, can anyone recommend any good restaurants in the greater Dublin area to eat outdoors in the sunshine?

One place that springs to mind is Milano @ Baggot St Bridge, which has seating overlooking the canal.

Some other city center restaurants have outdoor seating, but the view if often of the road & traffic, or there are people begging, etc.

Or the tables are very close together, and inevitably people nearby smoke (since it's outdoors) which I find off-putting when I'm trying to enjoy my food.

So maybe somewhere in the suburbs, that has plenty of space?

Suggestions welcome!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

andersons glasnevin, http://www.menupages.ie/Dublin/north_dublin/glasnevin/andersons_foodhall.aspx
    Its located in a nice housing estate so not much traffic passing by.
    nice enough but a little pricey, always seems popular anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭robo

Lucinda O'Sullivan was on Pat Kenny's show today talking about places in Ireland to dine al fresco and she posted them up on her site.

The Dublin picks include -
    Monty’s of Rathgar, Dublin
    The Secret Bar, Fade Street, Dublin.
    Gourmet Burger Kitchen South William Street
    Bar Italia, IFSC. Dublin.
    Il Segreto, Merrion Row, Dublin.
    Marks & Spencer, Grafton Street, Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

Bar Italia in the IFSC is seriously substandard IMO, nice location but bad food and service, cross the square to Il Fornio for a better exerience.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Quartiere Bloom?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mectavba

Not City centre, but Queens Dalkey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Marco Pierre White
    Pichet
    Solas
    Chez Max's on Baggot St has a small outside area
    The Unicorn
    Bang - think they have an outside terrace now or is that all for Residence?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

jdivision wrote: »
    Marco Pierre White
    Pichet
    Solas
    Chez Max's on Baggot St has a small outside area
    The Unicorn
    Bang - think they have an outside terrace now or is that all for Residence?

Are Bang and Residence still open? I heard a while ago they went into liquidation/bankruptcy/administration can't remember which... Bang didn't look open last time I passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Yes Bang reopened under new owners, the two chancers seem to have been left in charge of Residence but new backers i think

Advertisement