Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Ireland football this weekend, 29/30 May, 1 June 2010

• 27-05-2010 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

Premier Division
    Saturday, 29 May 2010
    Bohemian FC 13:00 Shamrock Rovers
    Sporting Fingal 16:00 Galway United
    U.C.D. 19:45 Dundalk
    Drogheda United 19:45 St. Patrick's Athletic
    Sligo Rovers 20:00 Bray Wanderers

Tuesday, 01 Jun 2010
    Bray Wanderers 19:45 Bohemian FC

First Division
    Saturday, 29 May 2010
    Cork City 17:00 Athlone Town
    Derry City 18:00 Waterford United
    Salthill Devon 19:00 Shelbourne
    Longford Town 19:30 Limerick
    Finn Harps 20:00 Monaghan United

Sunday, 30 May 2010
    Wexford Youths 14:00 Mervue United

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Getting to Phibsboro for after a friday night out isn't gonna be fun...

Not feeling confident of a result at all tbh.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

Can see Bohs beating Rovers, Dundalk dropping 2 points away to UCD and see Pats getting all 3 in Drogheda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Surprisingly glad I have to work on Saturday, really wouldn't fancy a trip to Salthill for some sh*t football, sh*t attendence and not even knowing who the feck our manager is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Just give me a draw between Bohs/Shams, a UCD victory and Pat's to win, then i'll be happy!!

not even knowing who the feck our manager is.

Email sent from the club an hour ago;
    PRESS RELEASE

Shelbourne FC wishes to announce that with immediate effect Dermot Keely is relinquishing the position of First Team Manager and taking up the position within the Club of Youth and Community Development Officer.

An announcement on a replacement for Dermot will be made in due course and in the intervening time Dermot’s assistant, Colm ‘Collie’ O’Neill will assume responsibility for First Team Management.

The Club’s Board of Management wishes to record its sincere thanks to Dermot for managing the Club through extremely difficult times. His drive and enthusiasm ensured that the Club remained in existence when having been relegated from the Premier Division three years ago, it could easily have ceased to exist. Dermot’s commitment to the Club is yet again evident by his willingness to take on the new challenge of Youth and Community Development Officer. The Club hopes to be in a position to announce shortly important developments affecting its under-age section.

Ends

As I posted in another thread on here my sources where right, Keely going to the Schoolyboys, etc... , now just for Matthews to sign and it's 100% sweep.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

As I posted in another thread on here my sources where right, Keely going to the Schoolyboys, etc... , now just for Matthews to sign and it's 100% sweep.:D

Sign sign sign!!!

Worried about drogs, think they will stuff us but we are set out as an away side so hopefully can stop the conceding goals lark. Been like 2 games since we kept a clean sheet :eek: serious defensive problems :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Can see Bohs beating Rovers, Dundalk dropping 2 points away to UCD and see Pats getting all 3 in Drogheda

Good shout. I think UCD will hold us to a draw as we've not being playing great lately. We have a close to full strength squad though and McGowen will be making his first start in the league this year so you never know.
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    Sign sign sign!!!

Worried about drogs, think they will stuff us but we are set out as an away side so hopefully can stop the conceding goals lark. Been like 2 games since we kept a clean sheet :eek: serious defensive problems :(

Have you seen Drogs play this season??? :D Handy three points for Pats in my opinion

doncarlos wrote: »

Have you seen Drogs play this season??? :D Handy three points for Pats in my opinion

They beat us already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

dreamers75 wrote: »
    They beat us already!

That was a freak result. They wont even score against you on Satuday. Pats are probably the hardest team in the league to break down and Drogs are crap. Pat's have just come from beating the champions 3-1 while Drogs have scraped a 2-2 draw with the bottom club. If there ever was a banker this is it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I only found out the matches were being played on Saturday yesterday. I was planning on going to the Cross had it been on Friday but since im working tomorrow night ill have to give it a miss.:(

I think we'll beat Athlone in any case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Wexler12

Bohs v Shams is on Setanta, id do well to get up for a game kicking off at 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

2-0 to us against Galway. Decent game. The second half was much better than the first. Tbh we probably should have won by more.

Bohs vs rovers game wasnt great ref was shocking some of the things Bohs got away were insane :eek:

It seems refs are afraid to send their players off. O Connor getting booked for diving was funny and sad at the same time, how the **** did the ref think he got the ball!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/st-pats-live-commentary

commentary for pats game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Whatever Keegan is afflicted with seems to be seeping into the whole Bohs team this season?

The O'Connor booking was a whole new nadir - if that is possible - in LOI refereeing.

Awful home crowd for a team on for a three-in-a-row.

I assume a fine will be in the post for The Dwarf too. Could have started a riot - the thick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Shels won 2-0 away to Salthill, the post-Keely era starts with a win.

Foras lost in Athlone

New Derry beat Waherfur

Culchie Bohs look like they're going to beat The Blades

doncarlos wrote: »
    That was a freak result. They wont even score against you on Satuday. Pats are probably the hardest team in the league to break down and Drogs are crap. Pat's have just come from beating the champions 3-1 while Drogs have scraped a 2-2 draw with the bottom club. If there ever was a banker this is it.

i hate you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

stovelid wrote: »

I assume a fine will be in the post for The Dwarf too. Could have started a riot - the thick.

What happened with that? I looked away for a sec and there was a mass of players and officials pushing and shoving. It kicked off between the two teams again on the pitch when they were having a warm down. really childish behaviour from both teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Fúcking Drogheda cúnts. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Winning in Salthill not the greatest ever result for us, but with Foras FC losing, we're moving back up the table.

The glamour of the cup next week. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

My first home game of the season yesterday. Class goal scored by Athlone.

From a city point of view it was a big wake up call. :eek:Just awful stuff. Some players playing for the club at the moment that are not up to the standard required.

Graham Cummins was very isolated up front. Whats the point in him winning knock ons from the long balls if there is nobody within an asses roar of him?

On a plus side Gearoid Morrissey gave a good impression when he came on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Winning in Salthill not the greatest ever result for us

It was a greater result than not winning (which was looking likely at one stage)! :p

Zebra3 wrote: »

The glamour of the cup next week. :rolleyes:

Pity we're playing it at home, would have liked a nice trip to Richmond.

Advertisement