Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Railway Square Carparking

• 27-05-2010 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

I am moving into Railway Square next week and am renting with bookaroom.

They have told me that they do not arrange carparking for residents and that the carpark below the apartments is separately owned. The girls in bookaroom suggested parking in Millers Marsh for 3.60 per day (however I would need to ensure I am in the carpark by 9 every morning to put a ticket on the car) or trying to arrange something with the carpark owners (The girls also said I may not be allowed park there between 10-5 or something ridiculous and I can't find a number for this crowd anywhere so may need to call in to see what the story is.)

I'm just wondering does anyone live in Railway Square or know someone that does and what do they do about the car parking situation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭rayc

Sheebs wrote: »
    I am moving into Railway Square next week and am renting with bookaroom.

They have told me that they do not arrange carparking for residents and that the carpark below the apartments is separately owned. The girls in bookaroom suggested parking in Millers Marsh for 3.60 per day (however I would need to ensure I am in the carpark by 9 every morning to put a ticket on the car) or trying to arrange something with the carpark owners (The girls also said I may not be allowed park there between 10-5 or something ridiculous and I can't find a number for this crowd anywhere so may need to call in to see what the story is.)

I'm just wondering does anyone live in Railway Square or know someone that does and what do they do about the car parking situation?

I looked into those apartments before and from what I was told at the time there is some deal where you pay a set annual fee (between 100-200 I think) and you can park you're car there between 5/6pm in the evening and 9/10 in the morning, but the car can't be there during the day.

Also DO NOT leave your car in the Millers Marsh one over night, should be fine during the day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Sheebs

rayc wrote: »
    I looked into those apartments before and from what I was told at the time there is some deal where you pay a set annual fee (between 100-200 I think) and you can park you're car there between 5/6pm in the evening and 9/10 in the morning, but the car can't be there during the day.

Also DO NOT leave your car in the Millers Marsh one over night, should be fine during the day though.

Thanks rayc. God this is going to be awkward :( Why would they not let you park there during the day that's so stupid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭rayc

Sheebs wrote: »
    Thanks rayc. God this is going to be awkward :( Why would they not let you park there during the day that's so stupid!

Yeah it's very annoying alright, I presume they're a separate company altogether so they don't want to fill up their spaces with 'non-paying' customers.

Double check me but I'm pretty sure that's the situation. That was the main reason behind not moving in there to be honest, 3 of us in the house with a car each and an extra motorbike. Would have cost a fortune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭KeelanM90

To clear it up you can park there during the day for 2.50 per day! I'm just finishing up living in railway for the year and I have to say that the parking is just out and out rediculous! The only handy bit about it is if you do decide to stay there during the day you always use the same card as the one you got at the start of the year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

rayc wrote: »
    I looked into those apartments before and from what I was told at the time there is some deal where you pay a set annual fee (between 100-200 I think) and you can park you're car there between 5/6pm in the evening and 9/10 in the morning, but the car can't be there during the day

Doesn't that car park close at night (ie. a shutter comes down) so if you do avail of this offer, your car is stuck in there overnight anyway? Unless they've changed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement