Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for advice re dissbandment of Ltd. company

Options
  • 27-05-2010 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm a partner in a Ltd company with a 50% stake. The relationship with my partner has completely deteriorated and i have called for the disbandment of the company due to his lack of interest in the company, we have not even been trading for a year. He is now avoiding the situation at hand and will not attend arranged meetings at our accountants.

Any suggestions on how i should proceed from here?

Regards
    Chris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Wind up the company. Ask your solicitor how to proceed to do this.

Another possibility, which may be cleaner, may be to hold an AGM, which he may not attend, appoint extra directors and then have a board meeting, which he may or may not attend, but at which the board decides to wind up the company.

As a practical immediate step, you should ask the bank to withdraw all mandates on the bank accounts, i.e., make it impossible to write cheques or make withdrawals against the account.

Advertisement