Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tri Burgh 5 June

• 27-05-2010 5:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭

Entred this one and dont know anything about it, anyone know anything of how well run it might be ? Seen reports about kilcock and i know brian knows how to run a race so im kinda skeptical about this race now since i ll travel from dublin and its the first time running it

Rate this race based on, Scenery, PB potential, Athmosphere, Value, Organisation 1 vote

5 stars (excellent)
    0%
    4 stars (good)
    0%
    3 stars (average)
    100%
    Abhainn 1 vote
    2 stars (poor)
    0%
    1 star (terrible)
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭toomuchdetail

levitronix wrote: »
    Entred this one and dont know anything about it, anyone know anything of how well run it might be ? Seen reports about kilcock and i know brian knows how to run a race so im kinda skeptical about this race now since i ll travel from dublin and its the first time running it

Haven't entered it as the swim might be a bit rich for me (doing athy olympic instead!!) but looking at the local press and the general communication locally from these guys they seem pretty slick ,so I would expect it to be pretty good. If I thought I could handle the swim I would ditch Athy for this but living 15mile away I would say that wouldn't I :)
    Cycle and run will be challenging .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I know the lads involved and they would be fair keen.

The route itself is tasty enough, espically for the bike. In good weather it will be a savage.

Its getting good coverage in the local press and has Sean Kelly and Tracey Piggot involved.

I might be doing the cycle leg in a relay team as I can't swim. :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

This is the website for it http://www.triburgh.ie/

All proceeds go to Tracey Piggotts charity. If you are in the area its worth a shot and you could also join up a relay team if you can't swim or can and don't like the other disciplines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

3 stars (average)
    levitronix wrote: »

Be conserative on the bike and you will get over the run

I'm doing this too so I am hoping it will be a good event

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭emcor

Hi - Saw this post and thought I’d drop in to say hi.
    I am the organiser of Tri-Burgh; which is a not-for-profit community based Triathlon; taking place June 5th in Louisburgh Co. Mayo. Our course is defiantly not one for a personal best time (route map & profile on website) but we are sure that it will give participants a personal great experience.
    We have some fantastic athletes taking part which provides a good opportunity to benchmark yourself in a small field. Our sponsors and supporters have ensured that we have generous prizes to offer, and to those of you who may not be familiar with the area we are sure you will have a pleasant surprise when you arrive. The relay option allows less experienced athletes break the course into manageable chunks. We have a team to look after children during the bike with a fun filled relay event on the strand.
    For anyone on the fence I stick my neck out and promise a great day and urge you to sign up. We nave a number of (fast) swimmers looking to team up with cyclists/runners so if you’re up for it get in touch with us at info@triburgh.ie
    Our Kindest regards,
    The Tri-Burgh Team
    Louisburgh - Co. Mayo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Racing is not about pbs anyway the more hills the more people i ll pass on the bike:D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 jjbsligo

Hi guys, how did this race go for everyone? Was looking for results but cannot locate online. Anyone know who done the timing chips and can check their site? thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭plodder

I wasn't competing at this, but I was there at the start and watched the swim. It was a great spectacle and the weather conditions were absolutely perfect.

If I'd known that there were relay teams, I might have entered for the run ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Nice work Abhainn. 2nd fastest run on the day. Despite your swim and cycle you still top my 10k PB :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

3 stars (average)
    Nice work Abhainn. 2nd fastest run on the day. Despite your swim and cycle you still top my 10k PB :rolleyes:

Cheers SJ.
    The run was over a hilly course but only 9.7k! Add on another at least minute
    to that.
    Good event. Well worth considering in the future
    Check out my race report at:
    [url]HTTP://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66306092#post66306092[/url]

• Advertisement
Advertisement