Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Essien out of World Cup

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

He'll be missed no doubt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Shame for both him and the competition considering he's one of the big draws in African football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Huge loss to Ghana!! Jesus, I knew he was out for Chelsea until next season anyway, but I defo thought he'd be back for the World Cup...

Sad to hear, I gotta say. Once he's ok for August tho... Happy days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

First person to say "gutted for the lad" get's a dead arm.

Sorry. Pet hate.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

He looks like he's in danger of becoming a crock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

how much of the last two or three years has he been injured? It must be 80%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Sorry and all as I feel for him missing the tournament, this is great for the Socceroos.

So cheers for the good news! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Sorry and all as I feel for him missing the tournament, this is great for the Socceroos.

So cheers for the good news! :pac:

Ah well, no african team getting past the second round now

gutted for the lad :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

The new Darren Anderton? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Mr Alan wrote: »
    how much of the last two or three years has he been injured? It must be 80%

He played 21 games for us this season and about the same last.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

he's played 21 games this season?! Jaysus, didn't think it'd be that many

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

He hasen't really played for Chelsea for 2 years - could be finished ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Ivory Coast could throw up a surprise there :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Barr wrote: »
    He hasen't really played for Chelsea for 2 years - could be finished ?

42 games in two years is all he has managed , If he has another injury ravaged season you just might be correct , but I would not feel he is done yet .

The last injury was a two for one , he got two really bad injuries on the one knee. When one had healed he tried to get back in training which ended up causing more complications because the other was not fully healed.

All that said the fella should be raring to go come August and will hopefully be help us to retain the title :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Huge loss for Ghana, they were dark horses for a deepish run for me until now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Cant wait for him to be back in August for us, gives him more to time to rest up and get ready for the season opener.

Getting a fully fit Essien back is like signing a 20million pound player ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭mormank

gavredking wrote: »
    Cant wait for him to be back in August for us, gives him more to time to rest up and get ready for the season opener.

Getting a fully fit Essien back is like signing a 20million pound player ;)

judging from his injury record the past few seasons he is already like a 20million pound player going by the name of alberto!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

23 premier league starts in 2 years, thats pretty bad considering fernando torres started 20 league games last season and the season before :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I wouldnt put any money on that. Nigeria, Ghana and Cameroon all have great chances to progress out of their groups, after that who knows. Granted Ghana have to get past Australia which will not be easy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement