Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting feedback from MOD

Options
  • 27-05-2010 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I recently posted a link to a research questionnaire I'm trying to get completed on the mobile android thread. The MOD was (ultra)quick to close the thread and point me to the charter. Fair enough! I read it, PM'd him, apologised and requested that he/she restart the thread if possible.
    I've still had no reply and I've only 4 days left to collect 30 more responses.
    How long should I wait to expect a reply. Isn't it just good manners to reply to a PM? I feel like I'm being scolded like a kid for a genuine mistake, I'm neither spamming nor making a nuisance of myself.
    What to do now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Hi,

how long ago did you Pm the moderator?

have you tried contacting the category mod, MiCr0 ?

thanks

LoLth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

you pm'ed me yesterdat at half 12 in the day. i work during the day. i got to your pm last night and started up a thread in a forum with my fellow mods to review and see if you should be allowed post the survey.

i apoligise for not replying to your pm but i did refer to my fellow mods.

from my point of view it was your first post and you signed up solely to run a survey. i was trying to weigh up the benefit this would bring to boards and whether or not you were just going to hit and run.

unless the admins or my catmod want to override me then can you please wait for my response. i appreciate that you're on a deadline but you also didn't bother to take 5 mins to read the rules before signing up.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 paulinthought

Look, I appreciate that I have not posted here often, but I joined at least a month ago to use adverts.ie. In general I am not a big forums person and wouldn't usually bother. As a result I had no idea that your decision needed to be run past a group of MODs to be reversed.
    TBH I probably am going to be a hit and run on your group as I don't own a smartphone. However, I'm perfectly happy to respond and share my knowledge anywhere across the Internet (e.g. google groups) when I see an active thread that I can have some valid input on.
    Anyway, sorry for my impatience. The balls in your court. In fact you could even help by filling the questions yourself. I won't post the link just yet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I've still had no reply and I've only 4 days left to collect 30 more responses.
    How long should I wait to expect a reply. Isn't it just good manners to reply to a PM? I feel like I'm being scolded like a kid for a genuine mistake, I'm neither spamming nor making a nuisance of myself.
    What to do now?

I can't help but feel you have an unbelievable sense of entitlement about this survey - you "need" people to fill out the survey, you are quick to complain when mods aren't at your beck and call. And by your own admission, you are not actively contributing to Boards.ie and most likely will not in the future.

So, between your attitude and your interest in Boards.ie, I am really struggling to find a reason to allow your survey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

paulinthought,

i doesn't have to be run past a group of mods to be reversed but i really didn't feel like it should be allowed so i went for the opinion on my peers.

i'm gonna stick with tom dunne's comments above and say that my answer would be a no.

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 paulinthought

I don't think you guys even read these messages that you like to 'Moderate', Tom.
    I said I wouldn't have anything to contribute to the Android group since I don't have a phone, not boards.ie in general. I don't feel like I'm owed anything by you guys but there seems to be a definite tendency for MODs here to take a strong arm approach. I said I needed 30 replies. I'll get them elsewhere. It's got nothing to do with entitlement and for you to suggest that I shouldn't make a request is unbelievable. If I asked you for the time in a pub you'd give it to me. All I did here was ask.
    I believed the reason moderators are human and not machine is because they're supposed to be able to tell the subtle differences between spam and something of more value, or to put it another way, to be flexible where a machine wouldn't be.
    Have a government given this group training in Nannyism? I'm sure they would probably at least have a more open policy on submissions.
    IMO, a machine could do your job on this board.
    Thanks for your help guys. I also have a job and a family as well as my studies and little time to spend dealing with boreds like yourselves.

By the way, I've just looked to remove myself from boards.ie and can't find an unsubscribe link. There is an unsubscribe link isn't there? Coz, it's illegal for you to retain my information in your databases if I formally request you to remove it, and I do. It's awful when software can't keep up with the laws. How old is phpBB now? Can you send me a link to the delete member profile page or do I need to go to the data protection commissioner and whoever the hell else looks after these things?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Please send an e-mail to hello@boards.ie and your account will be closed for you. If you wish to delete your e-mail address on your profile immediately, you can do this yourself through the User CP, a link to which can be found in the top left corner. Simply scramble the e-mail address to something invalid. The same can be done for your password.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement