Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC- Irish (H)- Paper 1 - Question 2. Help?!

Options
  • 27-05-2010 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Ok, so I'm not incredible at Irish but I'm sticking it out with honours for the Junior cert. I don't really get what your required to do for Question 2 of paper 1. I doesn't say it in the exam papers (in english anyway).

So I just need some plain and straight forward low down on it.
    Also, a quick reference to the other questions/paper would be veryy helpful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Ok, so I'm not incredible at Irish but I'm sticking it out with honours for the Junior cert. I don't really get what your required to do for Question 2 of paper 1. I doesn't say it in the exam papers (in english anyway).

So I just need some plain and straight forward low down on it.
    Also, a quick reference to the other questions/paper would be veryy helpful.

As in the new syllabus? The grammar question? It's pretty simple. in part A they give you a short piece with underlined verbs e.g "Cuirfidh" and they say to change it to aimsir chaite...you put it as Chuir. for part B its like this "Tugann sí cothrom ………………….. do gach duine.
    (a) an Fhéinne (b) na Féinne (c) na Fianna (d) an Fine"

You have to pick which is the right one :D

Please tell me you do know about the new syllabus :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 CoolDudesJunk

No,no no no no no.... I know that bit (I'd be doomed otherwise)
    Thats in Paper TWO. I'm looking for the Q2 on Paper ONE. I think its something like a conversation.

Thanks for the reply though :]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Thats in Paper TWO. I'm looking for the Q2 on Paper ONE. I think its something like a conversation.

It's gone now! No more comhras it's just reading comprehension with questions now I think...

1. What are comhras??

2. Where did you hear they were gone? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

1. What are comhras??

2. Where did you hear they were gone? :D

Conversations they were on the old exam papers...

Well looking at the sample papers they've scrapped it for the new grammar question... :)

• Advertisement

Thanks :) I'll check my papers now and clarify with my teacher. You may have just saved me!

Your joking ya? It's not in paper 2 it's in paper 1!? Comhras conversations are gone!!! Hasn't your teacher informed you of the new syllabus that came out in October???? :rolleyes:

kevin12345 wrote: »
    Your joking ya? It's not in paper 2 it's in paper 1!? Comhras conversations are gone!!! Hasn't your teacher informed you of the new syllabus that came out in October???? :rolleyes:

No?! She's a crap teacher and on top of that has now been pregnant since November. She told us that the listening had lass marks. That was all :o

Better start cramming :S Now...

No?! She's a crap teacher and on top of that has now been pregnant since November. She told us that the listening had lass marks. That was all :o

Better start cramming :S Now...

:eek: Seriously? Has she been telling you to prepare comhrás?? Didn't you do the mock? or did she give you a past mock? Heres the layout of the new paper 1:

The tape is now PART of paper 1 and is now worth 40 marks(a section of the tape has been cut)

The essay is there as normal.

There used to be ONE leamthuiscint(comprehension) in the new paper there is TWO except in the second question there are two MULTIPLE CHOICE questions where you tick a box.

The comhrá (conversation) has been cut (:D) and instead there is a grammar question (worth 20 marks) where they give you a piece of writing and some verbs are highlighted, you must CHANGE THE TENSE of the verbs underlined to what they say. THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF THE MODH CIONNIOLACH COMING P! In part B you must fill in the blanks (basic grammar).

Still in shock your idiot teacher hasn't told you this with 13 days to go :p

Good luck with the exam :D

I did that (not much though) but she never said that it was replacing anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Gentlemanne

I still dont get the second part. The first one is just tense changing, but I dont know how to do the other one..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Gaeilge-go-deo

I still dont get the second part. The first one is just tense changing, but I dont know how to do the other one..

Ya the second part is just from your own like vocabulary...?

Ya the second part is just from your own like vocabulary...?

ya...it's just basic grammar don't freak out too much over the 2nd part, only ten marks, they are going to ask a number for one so just look over numbers, then there'll be one multiple choice so if you don't know, take a guess.

My Irish teacher said she thinks they will make the new stuff as easy as possible this year because it's the first year and they don't want teachers giving out they made it so difficult after only telling schools about the change in October! :D

Advertisement