Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which of these do you think is better buy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

login1 wrote: »

If your asking which is the better watch its the Poljot but as for aesthetics I'd probably go for that as well but each to their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Poljot looks better and a mechanical to boot! No contest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭flutered

make sure that the 3133 movement does not get wet, the tissot should have a three year movement warranty, also the bracelet is very short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭evil-yoda

i have a fairly old Poljot, it still keeps perfect time, and looks cool, go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭StealthRolex

Have a new Poljot 24hr. Absolute rubbish.

Quite possibly it's a fake Poljot but I ain't touching 'em again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭marcus1971

Quite possibly (probably) a fake Tissot too, I would be careful buying one from China, there are lots of fake ones coming form there with fake boxes and papers, everything....esp the quartz ones, kinda unusual for a cheaper watch like Tissot to be faked but there have been lots stung with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭flutered

while on a recent visit to lanzoroti i came across some fantastic fakes at a sunday market.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The fakery is getting worrying alright. I've certainly seen some really well done fakes in the vintage market, though there they usually do it by mixing real components with fake. So callled frankenwatches. Even a simple redial an add 1000, even 10,000 of quid to a watch. Military spec Rolexes spring to mind. Iconic watches like Blancpain 50 fathoms are being rolled out on a regular basis.

The fakers like the vintage mil stuff as it doesnt usually require much of a change. Replacement fixed bars, the correct stamps in the back, the right, or close enough movement and a fake dial and away you go. So you could take a perfectly good and desirable 1950s IWC and with a bit of slight of hand you've got yourself a more dowdy mil spec IWC worth well over double.

The other common one is take a pocket watch movement and recase it as a wristwatch. This seems to be a specialty of Ukraine and Poland. Indeed I would be 99.99% dubious of any vintage that comes from the former. Better if they pick popular makes like Breitling and Heuer(before it was TAG). Both of those used others movements and their records are crap. Much easier to fake for the unwary. Dodgy vintage Heuers are ten a penny.

Now some are daftly obvious but some are not so clear at all. Even some well clued in collectors have been stung.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭marcus1971

Wibbs wrote: »
    The fakery is getting worrying alright. I've certainly seen some really well done fakes in the vintage market, though there they usually do it by mixing real components with fake. So callled frankenwatches. Even a simple redial an add 1000, even 10,000 of quid to a watch. Military spec Rolexes spring to mind. Iconic watches like Blancpain 50 fathoms are being rolled out on a regular basis.

The fakers like the vintage mil stuff as it doesnt usually require much of a change. Replacement fixed bars, the correct stamps in the back, the right, or close enough movement and a fake dial and away you go. So you could take a perfectly good and desirable 1950s IWC and with a bit of slight of hand you've got yourself a more dowdy mil spec IWC worth well over double.

The other common one is take a pocket watch movement and recase it as a wristwatch. This seems to be a specialty of Ukraine and Poland. Indeed I would be 99.99% dubious of any vintage that comes from the former. Better if they pick popular makes like Breitling and Heuer(before it was TAG). Both of those used others movements and their records are crap. Much easier to fake for the unwary. Dodgy vintage Heuers are ten a penny.

Now some are daftly obvious but some are not so clear at all. Even some well clued in collectors have been stung.

Well the older Omega Ploprof replicas (from the 70ies) have been frankened (is that even a word?) so well that Omega have even been known to service/refinish and restore them in their own service dept. in Bienne.

Advertisement