Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpaid Direct Debits - what happens

Options
  • 27-05-2010 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

OK I've had a bit of a foul up and have a couple of unpaid direct debits this month. I only noticed when I checked my balance a couple of days ago. Can anyone tell me what happens next? Will there be another automatic attempt made to make the payment or will I have to arrange the payments manually?

Thanks,

Delos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

You will either have to pay it manually or contact the company you have the direct debit with and ask them to try to take the payment again. Assuming the accounts are now in credit. They will not try to collect the money again until next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Actually, it depends on the company. some will automatically try again (usually 3 business days later), other will wait until the next payment date.

Some may charge a fee, so you might want to contact them and clear it up asap.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

You go to hell.

Advertisement