Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need a rant

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Tell us dammit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Lemme guess...the funeral story was a lie?

Never surely,

Oh ya that Mod you mentioned his Name is Ronan (soccer fourm) :)

Ah right. There's a user called Roan then. Actually there's this guy too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

I thought I posted it already this morning:confused:

but anyway, my friend was in the upstairs room and i was to be in the downstairs

she rang me last night to tell me that when she got there yesterday she was told that there was a problem with the upstairs room and that she was to have the downstairs room..MY ROOM!!!!! she said to the young chap behind the counter that her friend had been cancelled because of a funeral and he said he knew nothing about a funeral:mad:

there was no one in the bar she said and upstairs was locked and she got the room i was meant to have

i was furious and nearly on the verge of bawling when i heard this last night so i got my brother in law to ring the manager and he said he only found out on Friday that the funeral was put off until Sunday..but he never thought of ringing me? I mean dont get me wrong we had a nice day etc but the weather wasn't great and we were squashed in the house and people that were going to the centre didnt come to the house etc so when i think of the day we COULD have had my blood starts to boil..i'm absolutley fuming but according to the manager last night via my brother in law he just said he was very sorry etc and nothing he could do etc etc..he has my number..he should ring me and apologise himself but he hasn't and i wont hold my breath.. will just be telling everyone i meet never to use this place (ye know where i'm on about) as when i look back on my daugthers day now it wont be with happy memories of her wonderful party..the day was wonderful dont get me wrong but not what neither myself her she wanted and it pisses me off no end

they ruined her day..end of story but nothing i can do..dont have money to be going down sue them route and i wouldnt have the balls for it anyway if i'm honest..little me against them? wouldnt have a hope in hell and i'm just letting it lie now but i'll spread the word and no one in my family will ever book there again

• Advertisement

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    I'll let the OP come on and tell ye but nobody will believe the final twist to this ..........:eek::eek:

Snuggles you have ever right to break that managers jaw.

how do you know what the twist is? you must know me:Dor did i write it this mornign somewhere else on boards? was sure i had wrote something this morning..ah i dunno..i'm all a confuggled today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

snuggles09 wrote: »
    how do you know what the twist is? you must know me:Dor did i write it this mornign somewhere else on boards? was sure i had wrote something this morning..ah i dunno..i'm all a confuggled today!

Was invited to the other communion ,and yes we know each other to see
    I Must say after reading your last post ,you are better/bigger than me ,I couldn't let something like this go.
    But fair play to you .Sometimes it show more class to able to walk away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

I thought I posted it already this morning:confused:

but anyway, my friend was in the upstairs room and i was to be in the downstairs

she rang me last night to tell me that when she got there yesterday she was told that there was a problem with the upstairs room and that she was to have the downstairs room..MY ROOM!!!!! she said to the young chap behind the counter that her friend had been cancelled because of a funeral and he said he knew nothing about a funeral:mad:

there was no one in the bar she said and upstairs was locked and she got the room i was meant to have

i was furious and nearly on the verge of bawling when i heard this last night so i got my brother in law to ring the manager and he said he only found out on Friday that the funeral was put off until Sunday..but he never thought of ringing me? I mean dont get me wrong we had a nice day etc but the weather wasn't great and we were squashed in the house and people that were going to the centre didnt come to the house etc so when i think of the day we COULD have had my blood starts to boil..i'm absolutley fuming but according to the manager last night via my brother in law he just said he was very sorry etc and nothing he could do etc etc..he has my number..he should ring me and apologise himself but he hasn't and i wont hold my breath.. will just be telling everyone i meet never to use this place (ye know where i'm on about) as when i look back on my daugthers day now it wont be with happy memories of her wonderful party..the day was wonderful dont get me wrong but not what neither myself her she wanted and it pisses me off no end

they ruined her day..end of story but nothing i can do..dont have money to be going down sue them route and i wouldnt have the balls for it anyway if i'm honest..little me against them? wouldnt have a hope in hell and i'm just letting it lie now but i'll spread the word and no one in my family will ever book there again

If it was me - I'd sue the pants off of them just so they couldn't do that to someone else - might teach them (and others) a lesson

oh believe me if i thought i'd get anywhere i'd pursue it but i know i wont..i'll be told to let it lie, day has passed etc.i don't honestly think there's anything i can do other than seeth about it in private (and on here:mad:)..dont know what else i can do really..dont want to talk to the manager to be honest..it's not his fault i dont think..his arm was forced and he was told he HAD to release the room to the family of the board member..i think ill write to the board directly..has anyone any contact details? at the same time i dont want to get the manager into trouble (i'm way too soft) but i'm so pissed off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

oh believe me if i thought i'd get anywhere i'd pursue it but i know i wont..i'll be told to let it lie, day has passed etc.i don't honestly think there's anything i can do other than seeth about it in private (and on here:mad:)..dont know what else i can do really..dont want to talk to the manager to be honest..it's not his fault i dont think..his arm was forced and he was told he HAD to release the room to the family of the board member..i think ill write to the board directly..has anyone any contact details? at the same time i dont want to get the manager into trouble (i'm way too soft) but i'm so pissed off

write to the board seeking damages - a leter won't cost that much - point out how they were in breach of contract - and will be contacting a solicitor shortly

Edit:

Point out to them that if you cancelled you would loose your deposit - the bare minimum you will accept is that they forfeit the same amount to you

• Advertisement

I agree,

don't go down the sue them route as I can't really see what they will be obliged to shell out if found guilty. You are doing the right thing OP next time you hear of a family/friend looking at places tell them this story and they will tell someone else surely.

I'm glad your day was nice. You have allot more class then this manager by all looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

What would ye think about an open letter posted here and maybe e-mail it to the club President from the users on here?

Just an idea.

Yod'd need a mods approval I'd imagine but that sounds like a great idea to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

jimbojazz wrote: »
    What would ye think about an open letter posted here and maybe e-mail it to the club President from the users on here?

Just an idea.

I think that's a very good idea especially if it gives a wake-up call to the club and hopefully prevent the same sort of thing happening to another person in the future.

whats an open letter? pardon the complete ignorance:confused:

A letter that everyone can see basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

One that could possibly be posted up here, so that everyone would be aware of your circumstances!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

@snuggles09 - you have loads of support here if you wish to go about an open letter.

Slightly off topic but relevant in a small way to the open letter idea.
    This would be mad if it was modified for boards.ie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OT5jQCaM8Y

so how do i got about it? do i write a letter on here as such on this forum? don't know what way to do it?? help?

I would imagine that you start another thread with full details and espically how upset you and your daughter were and how unhappy you were with how you were treated.

Then email or write to the centre giving the URL address giving them a chance to openly apologise.

Like baronflyguy said you have plenty of support on here, it's a terrible thing they did and theyshould see how upset you are.

I'll stress though wait till a MOD gives the OK before you do it.

• Advertisement

ok thanks...but i still dont know who the person is i even need to contact..i've been trying to find out but i cant find it anywhere..do i need to contact the mod to ask?..or are they pyschic?..lol

I'd be anxious to give the centre a right to reply though.

ok thanks...but i still dont know who the person is i even need to contact..i've been trying to find out but i cant find it anywhere..do i need to contact the mod to ask?..or are they pyschic?..lol

Quickest way is PM one of the mods and direct them to this thread , should get the idea from the last few posts here.

Ah they check here often so I'd imagine by tomorrow one of the lads will post up.

I would give them the right to respond TBH, that way we can see could they be bothered to try and contact the OP.

Just to the manager you talked to would do the job I'd imagine unless someone here knows someone else involved!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

jimbojazz wrote: »

Just an idea.

Mod Note:
    I'm not comfortable with this, as Boards.ie is not an online newspaper but instead if an online discussion platform. That has some restrictions and naming and shaming a business could head down a very dodgy path for both the OP, people commenting on the situation and of course, Boards.ie. If you want this type of approach, im sure the News & Star or one of the other local papers will listen. Likewise with Billy McCarthy on WLR.

A rough idea has been established and you have every right to complain. You can have a rant and discussion here, but you wont have any impact unless you properly speak with the manager in person and in private. Failing that, I guess you could ask a solicitor but I don't think its worth it in this situation.

Your word of mouth on the business (off site) will do such a business more damage then spending thousands of euro suing them because you didn't get a function room you paid a deposit for (and received it back). Assuming you have legal grounds to stand on.

But, naming and shaming said business in said way, is something I wouldn't feel comfortable with and would ask you not to do. Ill ask for clarification on general naming the business from the legal team.

Jesus don't you sleep sully? At least I'm playing poker :)

I kinda thought this would be the line taken (rightfully) although it's a good idea.

I was actually gonna suggest the news and star next OP.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

ziedth wrote: »
    Jesus don't you sleep sully? At least I'm playing poker :)

I kinda thought this would be the line taken (rightfully) although it's a good idea.

I was actually gonna suggest the news and star next OP.

Ill be going that route shortly. Just got an email asking me to look at this thread so said I would do so before hitting the land of nod :)

I've mulled it over and to be honest i'm going to let this lie

I don't think approaching papers or kicking up anymore of a fuss here will achieve anything other than stress for those nivolved and i am very mindful that there is a grieving family amongst all this and i don't want to cause anyone upset

the manager himself may have a wife and kids and i dont want to put anyones job at risk i just dont have it in me..the day is over now and although it didnt go as planned its over now and luckily, the worst that happened was some rain and no one has died in my family so i count myself lucky that things could have been worse..puts things in perspective really

i apologise if this thread has caused any bother for anyone even though i havent named the centre..i wont be posting on this thread again and if the mods see fit to delete this thread i'd have no problem with that at all as like i said i wont be taking any further action as it would be pointless

clubs struggle enough when it comes to money and funding and i dont want to be responsible for anyone losing their jobs or for tarring the reputation of a club. i wont recommend the centre to anyone but i wont go out of my way to bad mouth them either.i know ye'll think i'm soft in the head but i just dont have it in me to be nasty or malicious i only came on and told the truth of what happened and again, i'm mindful of the families involved and also the fact that the staff depend on their wages and times are tough enough as it is withuot me adding fuel to the fire

thanks for letting me rant anyway and for all your responses.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I've mulled it over and to be honest i'm going to let this lie

I don't think approaching papers or kicking up anymore of a fuss here will achieve anything other than stress for those nivolved and i am very mindful that there is a grieving family amongst all this and i don't want to cause anyone upset

the manager himself may have a wife and kids and i dont want to put anyones job at risk i just dont have it in me..the day is over now and although it didnt go as planned its over now and luckily, the worst that happened was some rain and no one has died in my family so i count myself lucky that things could have been worse..puts things in perspective really

i apologise if this thread has caused any bother for anyone even though i havent named the centre..i wont be posting on this thread again and if the mods see fit to delete this thread i'd have no problem with that at all as like i said i wont be taking any further action as it would be pointless

clubs struggle enough when it comes to money and funding and i dont want to be responsible for anyone losing their jobs or for tarring the reputation of a club. i wont recommend the centre to anyone but i wont go out of my way to bad mouth them either.i know ye'll think i'm soft in the head but i just dont have it in me to be nasty or malicious i only came on and told the truth of what happened and again, i'm mindful of the families involved and also the fact that the staff depend on their wages and times are tough enough as it is withuot me adding fuel to the fire

thanks for letting me rant anyway and for all your responses.:)

I don't for one minute think you're soft in the head but you're a very gracious person. The very least the club could do is give you free use of the room for you daughter's next birthday party or something like this.

• Advertisement

deisemum wrote: »
    I don't for one minute think you're soft in the head but you're a very gracious person. The very least the club could do is give you free use of the room for you daughter's next birthday party or something like this.

Totally agree with Deisemum , think you showed grace and class in dealing with the hole situation ,

Advertisement