Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim Free Vs PrePay

Options
  • 27-05-2010 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

If I bought a prepay Desire with O2 (€399) could I pop my business sim into it (postpay also with O2) whenever I wanted?
    Or is the prepay Desire locked down to the sim it comes with?

Many thanks for any help on this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Phones are locked to networks and not to prepay or billpay. Any O2 prepay SIM will work in billpay phone and vice versa.

You may notice that some services on phones (such as Blackberry) will only work on billpay however.

So to answer your question - yes, you can do that. Buy the prepay upgrade version and give the IMEI to someone you know on O2 so that they can get some free credit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭fisab

Many thanks for that.

..... and if my company changed to say Vodafone, then couuld I get O2 to unlock the Desire from their network?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

if you buy the phone on o2 prepay you will need to topup approx €150 before they will give you code. because you have a business account too they may unlock it for the company.

Advertisement