Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Phone/Broadband: Turn off Call Waiting?

• 27-05-2010 6:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    Just a quick question. But is it possible to turn off call waiting on UPC phones. The handset I'm using is the Siemens Gigaset AS18H or the AS180.
    My parents cant seem to get the hang of it and are so used to not having it that they want to turn it off.

Any info would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 24alpha

I know this thread is a bit old by now. But I had the same problem. After ringing upc twice and requesting call waiting to be turned off without any result I was finally lucky the 3rd time. The tech guy told me that on my particular line (apparently it depends what switch you are on) you simply dial #72 to turn off call waiting. Tried it straight away and it works indeed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

24alpha wrote: »
    I know this thread is a bit old by now. But I had the same problem. After ringing upc twice and requesting call waiting to be turned off without any result I was finally lucky the 3rd time. The tech guy told me that on my particular line (apparently it depends what switch you are on) you simply dial #72 to turn off call waiting. Tried it straight away and it works indeed!
    I never found out actually. I think I was too lazy to follow it up with UPC. I'll give it a try and see if it works. thanks.

Advertisement