Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Puncture repair & recieved the wrong wheel back...

• 27-05-2010 7:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hello all,

my wife left a punctured wheel into a local repair outfit today. When she returned to pick it up, they brought out a wheel, but my wife spotted that it had a different tyre, so not our wheel/tyre.

After a bit of thinking on their part, they told her, another Corolla owner had also left their wheel into be repaired & they must have mixed up wheels. Pretty weird in my head, but there you go... :confused:

They've offered to replace the tyre, with a new one (to match our brand).

But, as I'm no expert in this area, need some advice.

Should I insist on a new wheel + tyre?
    If not, what about the difference in wear (new tyre versus existing 8mth old tyres), say in rain conditions & need to brake sharply. I've alsway heard you replace in two's.

Anything else I should consider?

Thanks in advance.
    John.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Take the free new tyre and put another new tyre on the same axle... bargain - 2 tyres for the price of one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Was it an alloy? If not, what's the thread depth? Does it match the spec of the other wheels?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Once the rim isn't damaged I'd accept their offer, and get another one on the same axle.

EDIT: si_guru got there before me ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Greenview

Confab wrote: »
    Was it an alloy? If not, what's the thread depth? Does it match the spec of the other wheels?

not an alloy... no idea as to the thread depth. Which is why I need your advice. Wheel rim appears to be not damaged, but I've only seen the outside. Thanks.

Advertisement