Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scorponok and metroplex value

Options
  • 27-05-2010 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭

Hi ,
    I have a scorponok and metroplex figure that i'm looking to sell thing is i have no idea of their value. Would any of you guy's know what i should be looking for? They are mine from when i was a kid but are in good condition.
    any help is welcomed thx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

If they are complete (ie: all weapons and bits n pieces still there) you could be looking at several hundred. What condition are they in?
    This here is a good website for identifying all the pieces:
    http://www.tfu.info/1987/Decepticon/Scorponok/scorponok.htm
    No price guide unfortunately :(
    In fact, price guides are very hard to come by online. Toyfare magazine (can be got in Forbidden Planet) publish Transformers price guides fairly regualrly. Worth checking out.

Oh and obligatory disclaimer: We're not allowed buy/sell Transformers here on boards.ie
    However you can on boards.ie's sister site adverts.ie (you can even sign in using your boards details!)

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Thanks for the information. They are in good condition both have boxes scorponok is almost perfect except the little head robot has an arm broken of, metroplex is missing tthe little black robot and the box is torn. I know there is no selling here was just hoping an expert like yourself could help. I mighy even hold on to them was moving recently and came across them and afew other bits. Boards is great for getting advice so that I don't throw out something of value. Thanks again

Boxes?!?!? Good lord, you'll probably be able to afford a nice holiday when you sell them! :eek:

That would be great its amazing what you can find in an attic. I came across a load of old stuff from video games to movie posters that I collected as a kid. These look like the jewel in the crown...I'll put up some pictures of them if you like I also found some pretenders and a couple of mini trasformers but they are not in as good a nick as the two big ones..I might just display them in my spare room or something I'm getting all sentimentle now ha...I see there is a scorpnook on Ebay for 268 pounds but no bids that I can see. Man who would have thought old toys could be worth something.
    Thanks again for the info.

Pics would be great. We can help identify the smallerbots for you.

If you can you might want to hold onto them 'til next year. Transformers prices in general are not as high as they could be due to the shamblic world economy. However, they will probably get a boost next summer when teh new film starts the hype machine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I've heard having Zarak (scorponoks head) even with a bit of play damage makes him worth alot of money.

Thanks Guy's,
    I'll arrange a couple of pictures during the week. The scorponok figure is almost mint with the exception of the Zarak arm been broken. The packaging has a slight tear but other than that the joints are as stiff as new and very little if no sticker wear. All instructions packaging etc are in place. Metroplex however is not in the same condition he's joints are solid but slight sticker wear and the boxes is quite badly worn and torn. I also came across some mini transformers that are fire trucks , police car, ambalunce and some pretenders an one that has a box called snap trap. I'll keep looking and post some pictures when I'm finished.I think I'll go the adverts route I might try and do a trade for some computer games or something ( once I have cleared out the attic ) now that have an idea of the prices. I'll let you know how I get on.

I'm abit confused about the scorponok some people are saying that its rare others that its not. One guy on a transformers fourm offered a psp and 6 games for it so that means its worth something i guess.

The main body of Scorponok isn't all that rare. However, one with 90%+ of his bits n' pieces without much sticker ware is very valuable.

Went to organise the pictures yesterday and dicovered that my mother thought I was trowing out the transformers and gave them to my little nephew. All I can say is the box is not quite in the condition it was originally, it is torn on the front now gutted. Anyhow I got the pictures will up load them on Monday ( how do you attach pictures to a thread ). I have 3 offers at the momment on a transformers forumn onE is for a psp and 6 games OR he is offering an xbox 360 and 2 games, and the other is for $200. I'll keep you updated on how it goes but the xbox looks tempting to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

http://cgi.ebay.ie/1986-TRANSFORMERS-G1-SCORPONOK-100-COMPLETE-TRAY-/150447225587?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item23075a7af3

This seller does not have the box, but is a close comparison otherwise. The fact that the box is torn is not a huge issue, as there are no parts missing. Most of the box is in fine condition, and the styrofoam looks to be in great condition.

I appreciate there are the three offers in already, but if they were still interested in the main Scorponok figure, the styrofoam and the box, I would be willing to make an offer [on adverts] for the accessories.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/xbox-360-console-games-/180514374376?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item2a077ec2e8

http://cgi.ebay.ie/XBOX-360-ARCADE-20-G-6-GAMES-/250642679352?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item3a5b77c638

Regardless of my offer, these two links hint at the xbox trade being a low figure against your Scorponok, and definitely the $200 comes across as too low.

Especially when this US seller is only slightly better quality:
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/Vintage-Transformers-G1-Complete-1987-Scorponok-w-Box-/350358424606?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5192fd4c1e

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

I noticed the chrome effect was heavy, but factored that against the first link not having a box. The Zarak figure not having one arm is a regular occurrence for Headmaster toys across ebay, while annoying is not noticeable in Scorponoks robot mode.

The last link for Scorponok I put in as a clear example of overpricing, but I also noticed there are not very many boxed Scorponoks available just now.

As I said, hopefully if the people who made their offers on this figure didn't need the accessories as much, I would be willing to make a fair offer on them. Perhaps robfowler78 could even swap for the xbox 360 console without the games, perhaps not.:rolleyes:
    I am looking for those pieces myself for a different project.

Its been nearly 15yrs since I used these toys. As i said before i'm not a collector just came across this in the attic and the looked good condition to me, and I was looking for abit of guidance. Thank for the response and help. I'm not going the adverts root going to try the transformer forums and see if i can get someone in Ireland or England to take it of me. I just didn't want to be ripped off but i'm not greedy either

Best of luck whichever route you take.
    Let us know how you get on :)

Thanks I will let you know. I found another box with a few more transformers in it some pretenders and mini robots i'll take some pictures maybe you guys could tell me who they are?.

Will do.

Hey Guy's just to let you know finally got around to advertising these on adverts today. You can check it out to see if I get much interest think I'll stick to trying to sell them in Irelandnot bothered with ebay, if not I'll just hold onto them and maybe display them someware in the house.

Thanks for you help :)

Hey Guy's can you identify these transformers?. I don't think there is anything of value I think I'll give these to the person who buys the scorponox and metroplex from adverts or should I sell them seperately they are not in the best of condition ( sorry about the poor quality picture ):

dscf0799z.th.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dscf0801g.th.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Off the top of my head...

Seaspray is the hovercaft
    Powerglide is the red plane
    Snaptrap is the purple guy with the cannons on his shoulders
    Dragstrip is the yellow F1 car
    Scavenger and Longhaul are the green Constucticons
    The tiny planes are the Air Strike Patrol
    Looks like there are some of the other mini patrol figures in there too.
    You've also got two Pretenders and the little non-transforming car with 6 wheels is Roller from Optimus Prime's trailer.

Oh and the firetruck is Inferno.

Anyone know who the two large Autobot jets are?

Anyone know who the two large Autobot jets are?

THe one with the red cockpit is Needlenose.

That lot would be worth selling. Worth a few quid becuase you have some combiner pieces and accesories which can be quite sought after.

• Advertisement

Really do you think I'd get much for them?. They are not in great nick just loose in the attic I also found around 150 of the old marvel transformer comics all in good condition. Its mad what you can find in an attic.:)

I'd say 30-60$ if you were lucky. TBH the guns/accesories are probably worth more than most of teh bots.

As for the comics I dont know much about their value, but they could be worth a hundred or two.

Thanks for the help mate I appreciate it. I might just put it on adverts and see. I think thats all the figures I had but I may still have some books and annuals hidden somewere. I think the grey jet is a target master called night something I he has two gun robots with him.

Thanks again for the help lads:)

Thanks for the help mate I appreciate it. I might just put it on adverts and see. I think thats all the figures I had but I may still have some books and annuals hidden somewere. I think the grey jet is a target master called night something I he has two gun robots with him.

Thanks again for the help lads:)

That's Needlenose.

I stand corrected.....i knew it started with n this is why you are the experts

tfu.ino

Great site for identifying Transformers and their parts. You can search based on colour, accesories, vehicle forms etc.
    Might help you out a lot.

Hey guys been offered 150 for scorps and metro on adverts what do you reckon good deal or bad? your advice is apriciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stone roses

i was just looking to see if my offer was to much pm sent cheers! :-)

Advertisement