Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blur

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭okla

Picked this up last week. Having a blast so far.
    Online races with 20 people are a scream.
    If anyone wants to add me as a friend or rival :pac: my GT is below.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

okla wrote: »

raced ya tonight, jaysus i always ended up finishing somewhere in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

okla wrote: »

Can't see your GT for whatever reason. What is it?

Also is anyone doing some of the single-player and up for friend challenges? Multiplayer is quite addictive tho, it's a pity the splitscreen isn't online too that'd be perfect. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Had a few games of this last night. I am enjoying it. Only had 3 races online and got creamed two times. Now to start leveling up and get a few cars.

That's the thing as well - you have to level up for cars (and even more importantly mods! They can be crucial at times). Then there are the individual car challenges - the last two rewards for many (for racing / winning a number of times with them) is extra health or extra speed! Not a massive fan of that. The last mode they should have put in was fully customisable racing - set limits, mods off, no challenge boosts, etc (a promod essentially).

Seems as you're on the friends list I must rival you (easy achievements more than anything :p)
    Can't see your GT for whatever reason. What is it?

Also is anyone doing some of the single-player and up for friend challenges? Multiplayer is quite addictive tho, it's a pity the splitscreen isn't online too that'd be perfect. :D

His GT is gobsheen, you have signatures turned off in your control panel :) On the split screen note, anyone know what the story is when you system link - still four to a console or is it ridiculous and revert to one per console?

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Just got this and loving it. Anybody notice the localised adverts in the game. Its first i have seen of that. If anyone is up for a race gamer tag is: Oakdoubleshot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Just picked this up int the Gamestop 20e deal. Really liking it, looking forward to giving the multiplayer a go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

How does the rival thing work? can you only have one at a time?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

So is this game freezing for many people here?

When I'm playing online it freezes every 5-6 games.

Firefox11 wrote: »
    Just got this and loving it. Anybody notice the localised adverts in the game. Its first i have seen of that. If anyone is up for a race gamer tag is: Oakdoubleshot

yeah saw that already, upc.ie ingame ad ffs!

How does the rival thing work? can you only have one at a time?

Also how do you set someone as your rival? I can't find the option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭#Daniel

I caved and am getting this tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Also how do you set someone as your rival? I can't find the option.

It says to choose a friend from the leaderboard to have for a rival i think. Not sure how it works!

It says to choose a friend from the leaderboard to have for a rival i think. Not sure how it works!

Thanks. Found it last night.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I played the Multiplayer demo of this yesterday and instantly wanted to buy it. Looks like a whole lotta fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Got it today. Great game. If anyone wants a few games later on tonight. Give us an add. :)

Anyone keep getting the lost connection to server message?

Picked it up yesterday, it's tougher in the single player than I expected, but that's no bad thing. Didn't get a lot of time to play as I was headed to RATM last night. The Beetle Rat Racer is a lot of fun to drive. Haven't quite figured out how to drift properly yet, the handling of the game is strange when you're coming from a Forza background :) Hoping to get stuck into some multi player action tonight, but I've got a PC to format and Windows 7 to instal, so I'll be on and off for the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Think I've completely missed the point of this game thanks to my live sub running out last month and me not bothering to renew it... I've beaten all of the career mode 1 on 1s and just can't be arsed going back to it now, glad that I only rented it in the end now!!

Singleplayer is fun for a while, but overall a fairly disappointing follow up to the almost flawless PGR4:(

The multi-player's where it's at tman, it's a very good laugh. It'll be a great one to play with your mates on split screen too - think of it as being more of a Mario Kart than a PGR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Kharn wrote: »
    The multi-player's where it's at tman, it's a very good laugh. It'll be a great one to play with your mates on split screen too - think of it as being more of a Mario Kart than a PGR.
    That's so true ... It's an action arcade racer and the multiplayer is where the fun is to be really had. 4-player local split-screen or online races with 20 people (hectic, but fun).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Still think it's a pity they didn't put all / more of the game modes into split screen - would love a good team battle! Amazing how your finishing position can change from race to race. Won two in a row....and then finished last :(

I see the leaderboards have been hacked already. Legend 10 in 0mins - hmmmmm

🤪

Had some great games with Parawind & Corcaigh last night. Good stuff. :)

Just saw that this is only €35 in HMV Grafton St now.. well worth it

bit of blur tonight?

I'll definitely be online for a few games later..

Missed this last night, but I might be around this evening for a bit - will post here if I'm around.

Kharn wrote: »
    Missed this last night, but I might be around this evening for a bit - will post here if I'm around.

do, im corcaigh09 on Xbox live.

a few other guys that play:

colmise
    Parawind
    Oliver Cole
    cableguy IE
    Nedved85

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

I just finished the single player the other day. Have to say I really enjoyed it. Can never seem to play online though, it always disconnects me. Never had this problem with any other game, just blur. Any ideas as to whats stopping me ? The demo worked perfectly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Saw that a few days ago, worth picking up?

Advertisement