Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyfra+ Entitlements?

• 27-05-2010 7:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

I just recieved a Cyrfa+ card from a Satskelp. When I look at the entitlements in the CAM is shows them expiring on the 20th July 2010. Does anyone know if this will be updated or have I been ripped off by paying for a year long card and only getting 2 months!

0000 CYFRA + : 2010-07-20
    0068 CYFRA+ 1 : 2010-07-20
    0065 CYFRA+ 2 : 1992-01-01

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

azzeretti wrote: »
    I just recieved a Cyrfa+ card from a Satskelp. When I look at the entitlements in the CAM is shows them expiring on the 20th July 2010. Does anyone know if this will be updated or have I been ripped off by paying for a year long card and only getting 2 months!

0000 CYFRA + : 2010-07-20
    0068 CYFRA+ 1 : 2010-07-20
    0065 CYFRA+ 2 : 1992-01-01
    No mate - you have not been ripped off. This is quite normal with sat cards - including this one. It will update no problem as long as its in a compatible box with settings that allow update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

No mate - you have not been ripped off. This is quite normal with sat cards - including this one. It will update no problem as long as its in a compatible box with settings that allow update.

I am aware of card updates, I have my CAM set to allow emm updates and can see other cards I have preforming the same way. However, I thought this specific card was a countdown to zero card rather than a card the which will update monthly etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I am aware of card updates, I have my CAM set to allow emm updates and can see other cards I have preforming the same way. However, I thought this specific card was a countdown to zero card rather than a card the which will update monthly etc...

Its all correct, thats how my Cyfra+ card operates in a TM slot or Aston crypt cam. Usually only shows entitlements for 8 weeks. Also i found if you miss an update it takes no more than 5 minutes to update (By its self) in either my Tm6900 slot or like i said a Astoncrypt seca cam.

Also on another note, Satsklep are a fantastic company to deal with. Ive used them no end of time and even on the odd occasion ive had a problem or a query, they even phone me back with someone that speaks good English.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

Thanks for the replies lads.

I wonder why Cyfra+ 2 hasn't updated yet, even though I can clear Info/Cyfra+ Sport 2 fine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Thanks for the replies lads.

I wonder why Cyfra+ 2 hasn't updated yet, even though I can clear Info/Cyfra+ Sport 2 fine!

I think that is unused!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

As opposed to the card slot is a third party cam required to use cyfra+ in an azbox elite for updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭doogb

You can install OpenXcas and then Multicas on your receiver. That will keep your card updated.

Advertisement