Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My exhaust snapped

• 27-05-2010 7:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭

Right, so after being forced off the road and into the largest hole in the ground in existence my exhaust seems to be broken.

There seems to be a join about half way along and its snapped there. My problem is that just a bit further towards the back there is a small pipe leading off the exhaust back up into the engine.

Is driving the bike back to town going to do damage? Because of that small pipe and whatever it does? It seemed to get pretty damm hot on the way here(or that could just be me noticing it for the first time)

Is there a easy way to fix this, some sort of putty and bracket I could attach to seal and bind it?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Probably won't run very well but I can't see there being any lasting damage from riding it to the garage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I hope so. It's ****ing load.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

what bike?

its either a balancer pipe or some enviromental thing
    don't rev over the first harmony and you'll be grand

1st harmony is the rev rate where te bike is at a sweet spot
    the blurble point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

And what about if the mechanic broke his leg and I might have to ride it for a week?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

And what about if the mechanic broke his leg and I might have to ride it for a week?

There's more than one mechanic in Dublin :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement