Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE in lisfannon area

Options
  • 27-05-2010 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

Hi Everybody,
    A friend has asked me to set up a RTE aerial in a house close to Lisfannon,
    His house is over looking the water and has a good bit of mountain behind him.
    Does anyone know what aerial group is used there and would I be better trying to get Fanad rather than Holywell Hill.
    Satellites I can do, aerials i'm not so good at.
    Thanks for looking,
    Theblueirish

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

byte might be able to help when he's logged in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Just to save you searching channels, Holywell hill transmitter channels are;
    RTE One 23,
    Net 2 26,
    TV3 29,
    TG4 33

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Where in Lisfannon if you don't mind me askin?(the whole place overlooks the water) :P

If it's anywhere on McCarron's Lane (all the houses behind and beside Duffy's Motors) then they should be able to tap into the cable aerial running up the hill which gets you RTE, TV3, TG4, BBC1+2, Channel 4 and some random sky channels. Not sure about the houses towards Buncrana though. I'd say you'll not get the Holywell one though as the mountains seem to block out most signals coming from that direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

irish_goat wrote: »
    Where in Lisfannon if you don't mind me askin?(the whole place overlooks the water) :P

If it's anywhere on McCarron's Lane (all the houses behind and beside Duffy's Motors)

not sure of the name of the lane but you are not to far away, its an Irish/american guy who is building a lovely big bungalow looking over the water.

Any idea who i should see about tapping into the existing aerial.

Thanks

Theblueirish

Advertisement