Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LCD and Surroud Sound, with Playstation Problem

• 27-05-2010 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭

Ok folks bear with me here..Up until yesterday i was playing my playstation 3 on a old 26 inch tele..not a lcd or plasma ,just the old tv's.I had my Playstation 3 connected to the tele via a scart lead.

At Christmas the auld pair, bought me a sony surround system.I had that hooked up to the tele via a scart lead too, and everything was working perfect.When playing the playstation 3, i could use it no problem too and the sound was class.

Yesterday i bought a 37 inch LCD tele..Now ive hooked the Playstation 3 up to the tele with a HDMI lead.

The sound system is connected to the tele via a scart lead.

Here's my problem

When i go to play the playstation,the surround sound isnt working.What i am getting it the sound of the RTE,or TV3 stations coming through.The sound will work if i knock the surround sound off and just use the volume on the tele, but whats the point in having a surround sound system if you cant use it.

So far ive tried everything and read both booklets, but i cant seem to figure my problem out.Please Please some one help..

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, i didnt know where to put it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭doc crock

Most surround amps have a Digital optical input so you will need to connect the playstation to the surround sound amplifier directly with an optical cable.And with the HDMI to the tv.
    Then change the audio output settings on the ps3 to digital optical and you should be up and running!

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Cheers mate.There is a spot in the back of my playstation for that cable, and there is also a space in the back of my TV for that cable too.

But on my surround system, there is only one free spot which is for another HDMI cable, but i put another HDMI cable into the tele and still no joy.

So would that Cable you suggested go from my Playstation into the back of the TV and then would my surround sound come out through my playstation.

the sound will have to go directly to the amp either by optical digital or over the hdmi cable

Do you know the model number of the amp? if you do i can check out its exact spec and give you a more accurate answer !

doc crock wrote: »
    the sound will have to go directly to the amp either by optical digital or over the hdmi cable

Do you know the model number of the amp? if you do i can check out its exact spec and give you a more accurate answer !

Sorry mate should have told you that earlier..

Here is the make and model and a picture of the back of it.

.http://www.trustedreviews.com/home-cinema/review/2009/07/06/Sony-DAV-DZ280-DVD-Home-Cinema-System/p1

Im afraid the news is not good ,
    your Amp is not compatible with the set up , you need an amp with a digital input either optical of hdmi to work with the ps3

Sorry to be the bearer of bed news , that is unless anybody else has any ideas ?

• Advertisement

doc crock wrote: »
    Im afraid the news is not good ,
    your Amp is not compatible with the set up , you need an amp with a digital input either optical of hdmi to work with the ps3

Sorry to be the bearer of bed news , that is unless anybody else has any ideas ?

Was thinking this alright...What a waste of money on a system like that..Depressing..

Strange the way i could get it to work with my Old tele,the old bog standard ones, and the sound come out through the playstation fine there..

Advertisement