Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

interesting video !

Options
  • 27-05-2010 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭

sorry if this has been upped before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkS2BRoCd2I

interesting comments from the retired policemen in the last few minutes,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Interesting ... Its happening here !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Interesting ... Its happening here !

it sure did :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭sharky0922

rowa wrote: »
    sorry if this has been upped before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkS2BRoCd2I

interesting comments from the retired policemen in the last few minutes,
    its depressing too rowa.
    i have something better :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja-dg89wr-s&playnext_from=TL&videos=kFQlDOvTkzY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

'Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest.
    Mahatma Gandhi

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭knockon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

knockon wrote: »

what a great man, the full speech is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Post deleted in order to maintain harmony.

tac
    Supporter of the Cape Meares Lighthouse Restoration Fund

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

You forgot to mention that Thomas Hamilton was also a member of a Funny Handshake organisation with a large senior police membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

sfakiaman wrote: »
    You forgot to mention that Thomas Hamilton was also a member of a Funny Handshake organisation with a large senior police membership.

Ah yes. Thanks for reminding me. ; )

Please add to my post above - 'Thomas Hamilton was also a member of a Funny Handshake organisation with a large senior police membership'.

All of whom distanced themselves at the speed of light as the gunsmoke faded away...

If you want a truly disturbing read, try this -

'Dunblane Unburied' by Sandra Uttley.

tac

juice1304 wrote: »
    what a great man, the full speech is lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

But we are Ireland, Ireland by Birth, Irish by the grace of god......
    We do not want to be patriots, we just want to be treated as normal people,
    We have served Eireann truthfully and honestly.

Let Eireann treat us the same!
    Erin go brá

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Lads,

This thread is devolving into the midnight cowboy or twilight zone now.

It is disingenuous to slag off those in northern ireland who were lucky enough to escape the scythe that swept over britain in 1997. As with everywhere else we have spoken of; Here, Britain, NI, Isle of Man, Channel Islands legally owned handguns are not used in crime. Their removal from Britain was a politically motivated knee jerk reaction ot a terrible incident but it has been borne out to have had no effect other than to aboilish sport and cause a distrust of the state within a large part of the population of britain. At 13 years in it approaching a generation since these sports have been practiced in britain (and since there has been a change of government) - perhaps one day it will return again but it will do nobody any favours to state stuff like 'why is it allowed here or there when we are not allowed' - it is far better to support those that are allowed and see to the continuation of the sport rather than its further erosion.

Ireland is right on the brink right now - we have also been the victims of a politically motivated knee jerk reaction to a terrible incident.
    What is needed here is for people to support the sports - support the clubs, ranges and shops by getting out and practicing, support the sport and national associations by competing and helping out where you can - support those that are fighting for their sport in any way you can but mostly by ensuring that the sport thrives by taking part.

It is also doing no favours to bring up a matter such as this in a target shooting forum - people (I speak for myself but can assume) come here to read about target shooting - not politics.

B'Man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Bananaman wrote: »
    It is also doing no favours to bring up a matter such as this in a target shooting forum - people (I speak for myself but can assume) come here to read about target shooting - not politics.

B'Man
    Thanks for that B'Man.

While many of us Irish shooters feel a certain affinity to many of the sentiments expressed in those videos, their origins, ethos, and the intent of their creators is very firmly coming from a 'Right to Keep and Bear Arms' perspective.
    As we all know, discussion of RKBA is specifically prohibited in these forums, so this is probably an opportune time to draw this to a conclusion.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement