Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Valuation BMW 320d E90

• 27-05-2010 8:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi Lads,

Im planning on selling my 320d E90 and wanted to get some opinions on the value of it.

320d E90 (2005)
    Automatic
    Steel Grey Colour
    OEM Bluetooth Kit
    Lighting Pack
    Climate Control
    Auto Headlights/Wipers
    1 owner
    Full Service History
    New Turbo 3 weeks ago
    Run Flat Tyres (With plenty of rubber left)
    249,000 kms

The mileage is high but the car is pretty clean. I have been the only driver since registration.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bf

small market with that mileage due to the Irish mentality of not buying anything over 100k

At a guess €7.5k - €8k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

bf wrote: »
    small market with that mileage due to the Irish mentality of not buying anything over 100k

At a guess €7.5k - €8k

generally due to the fact that cars are usually shook apart because of our ducktrack roads.although if it motorway miles it should be ok,

best thing to do is browse every car selling site there is and see what similar cars are making.my guess would be around 9000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I guess the lads up there aren't far off. Apart from the turbo, what major work has been done to the car (suspension, cats, waterworks?) and I presume it has NCT until sometime next year? What way and where did the car clock up the mileage - I suspect all over the country mainly on national roads / motorways? What's the model, a base SE? What wheels?

The advantages of the car are the relatively young age, 1 owner, full service history and importantly - it is still the current model 3-series

The main disadvantage that would put me off (pending your answers to above questions) is the mileage, not so much on the car but on the autobox. Is it the original box? Was it serviced?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

unkel wrote: »
    I guess the lads up there aren't far off. Apart from the turbo, what major work has been done to the car (suspension, cats, waterworks?) and I presume it has NCT until sometime next year? What way and where did the car clock up the mileage - I suspect all over the country mainly on national roads / motorways? What's the model, a base SE? What wheels?

The advantages of the car are the relatively young age, 1 owner, full service history and importantly - it is still the current model 3-series

The main disadvantage that would put me off (pending your answers to above questions) is the mileage, not so much on the car but on the autobox. Is it the original box? Was it serviced?

your spot on.i think its an es as he didn't mention cruise control.BMW gearboxes and diffs are supposed to be sealed for life and so its overlooked when servicing but id highly recommend an oil change because if it goes wrong its the far side of 3 k for a new one,also is it taxed or is it about to run out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭joewicklow

Hi Lads,

Thanks for the replies.

Its got cruise control and 10 spoke alloys (I must post a picture)

The Gearbox has never given an ounce of trouble in this car or the previous 320d I had which did the same mileage. The FSH is from Frank Keanes so if the gearbox needed any attention I am sure it got it.

The car is NCTd since March 2010 and is taxed until November 2010.

The mileage was done on all roads all over Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

We've been getting between 3.5k and 5k for 05 Passat 1.9Tdi Base models in the trade with 270,000 ish KM, so €9,000 for a clean 320d Auto would be fairly reasonable.

Biggest problem is going to be finding someone willing to take on something with such high mileage. It could take a while to sell, but I'd advertise at €9,500 and take €8,500.

Advertisement