Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'hands' DVD

Options
  • 27-05-2010 8:38pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭

just wondering if anyone else has bought any of these - the RTE series from the early 90s about traditional crafts.

probably a shot in the dark, but the reason i ask is that i picked up the spinning wheel one for my dad (he knew the subject of the documentary), but the narrator audio level is far too quiet - you can't hear probably close to half of the narration, and i was wondering if i just got a bad disc, or is this an issue with the series?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

actually, this might be better off in arts and crafts?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

I,d say you have a good chance on either forum.

I did not realise that the "hands" series was available on dvd. many years ago I was looking for the cooper and wheelright videos, and I was told that the series was not available on video at the time. If you do find a source for it, please post up a link.

kadman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

kadman wrote: »
    If you do find a source for it, please post up a link.

kadman

Here you go Kadman
    http://www.irelandstraditionalcrafts.com/boxed%20sets.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 82,791 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Some of the local public libraries have them on DVD to borrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

€150 :eek::eek:, hmmm......best get saving, or wait until RTE show them again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you can get (on the old format of the discs) three episodes for €25, but they seem to be shipping one episode per disc now for the same price.

i got the disc in the irish design shop behind the stephens green shopping centre. i'm fairly sure the IFI stock them too.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Qwerty? wrote: »

Great Qwerty, thanks.

kadman

Advertisement