Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Amp Help

• 27-05-2010 9:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi,
    been playing guitar for about 3 years now and I think it's time for a new amp.
    I currently have a Micro-Cube which is grand for my bedroom but can anyone suggest on that I can bring over to my friends and be able to be heard over the drums etc cus my current amp is completely overtaken by drums and the other bigger amps

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What kind of budget do you have? What music to you play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭McGarnagle92

What kind of budget do you have? What music to you play?

hopefully not much over €200 maybe.
    I play all sorts Rock, Indie, Jazz...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Valve amp is out of the question for that budget. My advice is to save up, maybe double what you have and go a decent used valve amp. Somewhere around 30-40 watts should get you where you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭McGarnagle92

okay thanks I'll look into it.

Any particular models you can recommend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

okay thanks I'll look into it.

Any particular models you can recommend?

I have seen used Marshall DSL401 (40w) go for under €400. Some Fender amps can go for similar money, if you prefer clean guitar playing.

Some other members might suggest solid state (valveless) amps like Line 6 Spider etc. I haven't tried that one, but bang for buck, it gets decent reviews around here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement