Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIXAWIN SCAM!!

Options
  • 27-05-2010 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I just received a text message from 'WIXAWIN'. I had never even heard of wixawin but with some research I found out it is a total scam. They lure people in by telling them they can win prizes, so people do a survey or subscribe to them by giving their mobile number. They then receive 8 "questions" a month at 2E each. I have never heard of wixawin and I did NOT ever give my mobile number away. The txt had a pin number in it and it said "enter this pin number to get the result of our IQ test". I did not dare do this, however, I did text stop to ensure I had been unsubscribed.

I am afraid that somebody else used my mobile number or somehow wixawin got hold of it. I emailed them but probably won't get a reply until tomorrow or so. Has this happened to anybody else or has anybody had any problems with wixawin??:mad::eek:

Advertisement