Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow Broadband

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

I anticipate that I'll be with Wicklow Broadband during next couple weeks.
    Ashford area
    Here's what I get out of my DSL. I'm quite far from exchange and you'll see it won't be hard to improve on the speeds I currently have :eek:
    26857859.png
    1006246174.png

I'll post back once I'm up and running

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Up and running
    Got 2 down, 1 up service
    1018768285.png
    27493419.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mysadlife

Not impressed with Wicklow Broadband - I'm paying for 5MB down, 2MB up - this is what I am getting today:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1099746497.png

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'm planning on moving from Dublin to Donard this year......
    I'm currently on UPC 20mb down 1.5mb up.....
    I take it i'm pretty much f**ked?????

Looked at the tooway system there today, seems a bit restricted..
    This may influence my move sadly...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 alexmaxoks

Nikkit2010 wrote: »
    Hi We do have some customers in the Avoca and Connary area.

Wmail us at info@wicklowbroadband.com and someone will give you a shout.

Cheers.

Will anybody answer the phone?? :confused: paid for 3mb package getting 2mb and last bill 62.99 instead of 39.99 promised. What the story there lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 phoneranger

Nikkit2010 is mr Wicklow broadband

He is posting results from his house in Delgany where he has direct access to all his nodes

My experience with Wwbb was good at first but has been dreadful lately and they will not do anything about it nor will the answer my emails or phone calls. Next step is comm reg I think. Other people who have Wwbb are experiencing similar problems

Stay away:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 esbpgen

I have being using this service for about 2 - 3 years. It was the only service I could get and for once that hasn't meant that I had to put up with something crap. I have always been happy with the set-up and would (and have) recommended others to get it.

I don't have anything to do with this company and this is an honest User experience for what it's worth.

Regards

Anthony

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Hi,

I'm in the Ballinastoe area and went for Wicklow Broadband for the last 7 weeks and so far find it consistent & reliable. The low ping's great for gaming, much better than i was expecting for this type of BB. Went for the 5Mb down/1 Mb up, see scrore below:

Untitled-2.png

Had one issue last Friday left a message early afternoon and got a call back at 6:30PM, and it was resolved here and then-to do with upgrading the firmware for the antenna. Overall I'm very happy with the service

The following are the results I get using Magnet's Speed Test

Download 2634kbps
    Upload 2857kbps
    Ping 19ms

(Yes Upload is faster regardless of the test system used!)

http://www.pingtest.net/result/43652613.png

Sorry don't know how to paste a pictue of the results.
    Line Quality = B
    MOS = 4.33
    Loss = 1%
    Ping = 23ms
    Jitter = 9ms

• Advertisement

Just did test again, my last one as it's becoming a bit addictive.

http://www.pingtest.net/result/43652975.png

Line Quality = A
    MOS = 4.39
    Loss = 0%
    Ping = 23ms
    Jitter = 7ms

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Frustrated_WW

Hi all, I live in Kilcoole and have been using WBB now for over a year and am very happy with my service [speed tests etc. attached]. Note, I have no connection with this company other than being a customer
    Ok, have experienced probs with service on and off, but what ISP is 100% perfect! Also, great people to deal with, friendly and efficient.
    Would have no hesitation is recommending them :D

Speednet_211011.png

also

Ping_211011.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭smoking_kills

1584708133.png

Just got it installed. Stonking result. i live in rathnew, Excellent service.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Attackfish

Also in Rathnew,

The service is class! Gaming is a dream with the low latency.
    Customer service is amazing, be it via email or phone.

Best ISP I have been with so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 alan18

Nikkit2010 wrote: »
    It Was tested from my House in Delgany!:p
    any more update's on wicklow broadband ??? is it any good ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Better than very good !

• Site Banned Posts: 45 Alan_Curry

exaisle wrote: »
    When they say "Wicklow", I suspect they mean "East Wicklow". As per usual, Blessington - Baltinglass gets ignored.

Forking typical.....

I have a friend named Larry Murphy in Baltinglass, he has it and he says his broadband is brilliant. Might be worth a phonecall to the company.

Alan_Curry wrote: »
    I have a friend named Larry Murphy in Baltinglass, he has it and he says his broadband is brilliant. Might be worth a phonecall to the company.

is this supposed to be funny?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Neffa2

Just installed in Dalkey. Had gone through a very frustrating time with eircom where I had a pathetic 1.5MB down/0.2 up - close to useless.

Now, I have 10MB down/2.0 up with very low jitter with Wicklow Broadband. Fantastic!

2204751856.png

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Avose

Neffa2 wrote: »
    Just installed in Dalkey. Had gone through a very frustrating time with eircom where I had a pathetic 1.5MB down/0.2 up - close to useless.

Now, I have 10MB down/2.0 up with very low jitter with Wicklow Broadband. Fantastic!

2204751856.png
    Wow those speeds are impressive! Thinking of joining WBB now. Coverage looks good for the house, we can see the mast from the upstairs window :D

What price plan are you on, might I ask? 12MB or 9MB??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Neffa2

9MB.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Avose

Thanks very much, ill be in contact with them so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ChrisD

Superb, cannot fault them.
    Called and informed them what I wanted, BB in house and office in garden, sent them a ground, building, distance plan and followed up with another call.

They put my mind at ease.

Ordered and told would take anything between 7 -10 days before they could get to me to install. 4 days later received call and installed that day, minimum fuss or mess. Installation engineer was absolutely great.

Now enjoying 7/7 Biz+ plan (6.9 up and 6.9 down) with a system I can have upgraded to 12mb by WB at the switch of a button. Now thinking of dumping land line once we have really tested VOIP using Skype, Foocall etc.

Thank you to the team at Wicklow Broadband for dragging me into the 21c with ease and at a value for money service.
    Chris D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Just wanted to add my recommendation to this thread when I stumbled across it. We've used Wicklow BB for some events in Wicklow & Dublin and their connection has been very fast and very reliable - exactly what you want for an event.

Had good tech support out of hours too, people we were in touch with really knew their stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Anyone having trouble with Wicklow Broadband the last few days? Ours was down for Saturday evening, part of Sunday evening and on an off the last hour.

Yes. Similar pattern other than today, apparently it was fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Hi lads this seems to be the newest thread on WBB so,

With the 7mb package what speeds can I actually expect, 7mb all the time or 6 during peak times etc? With eircom at the moment 1mb so anything at all is an improvement.

Also, somewhat completely off topic : How are vodafone saying our landline is capable of 24mb? Eircom says we can get 1mb. Something is fishy haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Just moved to Ballymoney in wexford and have no phone line in the house. Thinking if giving these lads a try. Anyone used them recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

Normally they're great. I'm on the 7mb package and consistently getting 6.5mb down irrespective of time of day.

I say 'normally' because I've had probs the last two evenings whereby my speeds are down to 0.5mb and the ping is atrocious. Was like this last night, perfect this morning and dreadful again tonight. Hoping its a one off occurrence. Gong to call them tomorrow - support never available in the evenings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

yrrag1974 wrote: »
    Normally they're great. I'm on the 7mb package and consistently getting 6.5mb down irrespective of time of day.

I say 'normally' because I've had probs the last two evenings whereby my speeds are down to 0.5mb and the ping is atrocious. Was like this last night, perfect this morning and dreadful again tonight. Hoping its a one off occurrence. Gong to call them tomorrow - support never available in the evenings.

Thanks

Went with them a week or so ago and absolutely delighted with them thus far. fantastic speeds for where I am

Advertisement