Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow Broadband

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Hi guys!

Would anyone know if Wicklow BB cover the Clane/Prosperous/Donadea area?

Couldn't get through by phone today.

Many thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

keredern wrote: »
    Hi guys!

Would anyone know if Wicklow BB cover the Clane/Prosperous/Donadea area?

Couldn't get through by phone today.

Many thanks :)

Seemingly both Wicklow and Regional cover that area

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

Thinking of getting Wicklow broadband, what is it like? Is it good and what is the 7mb package like.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

Thinking of getting Wicklow broadband, what is it like? Is it good and what is the 7mb package like.

As a WBB customer I have to say the service they advertise does exactly what it says on the tin. I'm on the 7MB / 1MB package for €39.99 per month. I get a consistent 6.84MB / 1.25MB.

The only negative is that they are a nightmare to get through to. I've only had 2 outages in a year and they both only lasted for a few hours.

So yes would recommend them - provides good service in an area not covered by the traditional broadband suppliers

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

I want to find out if regional broadband is any good and what is the average speed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 aivarss

Have Wicklow Broadband for about 2 years. They used to be great, but now for past 3 months i never get for what i pay them. Paying them for 7mbs but in evenings after 6pm i everyday have 1-2mbs. Called them couple times and always they something upgrading and so on. Waiting for call from technican now for month. Time to try regional broadband now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

When the service works it's great. However, their customer support is terrible. I've had quite a few outages in the last 18 months and when you call them they either don't answer or you get some rubbish excuse. There is one particular girl on the support phone that is very rude and aggressively keen to get you off the phone quickly.

The upside is though that when it's online I'm very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Basjoo

DriversEd wrote: »
    hi,

just want to know if anyone has any info or reviews on 'wicklow broadband'? they came out today and said they have a very good signal at my house and the fee's don't seem too bad. i have no landline and the 3g dongle works well but can be intermittent.

thanks

I live in the Roundwood area and am very disappointed with Wicklow Broadband speed. It's supposed to be 7M but a lot of the time it's less than a .5m. Works great at night but during peak times a job as simple as book

Advertisement