Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Them qware folk

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

Well in my experience lesbians tend to not look "lesbian", I can think of one lesbian friend who people know she's a lesbian, and that's purely because she's a bit militant, I can name off the top of my head three lesbian friends who straight people don't believe are lesbian, because people have ridiculous preconceptions of what a lesbian looks like. As for flaunting your sexuality, a lesbian dressing dykey does that no more than a straight girl dressing in low cut dress and heels, or a camp dressing gay does that no more than a straight guy in a tracksuit, really. I'd argue that our generation is the first one where being gay isn't controversial, so I'd be interested to see what our little brothers and sisters think of the issue when they're our age

I know that's why I feel guilty about it. It's a mindset I'm working to change (or at least ignore) but I was just expressing my thoughts.
    I think its worse for lesbians like myself because girls think you're hitting on them (even when they're dogs) and guys only want to watch, so your= have no friends
    This. It's so true. My friend from school are fine about it but my friends from college are very...eh..."lesbianphobic". One of our gay friends wanted us to come to Prhomo. I was all up for it but the other girls were terrified "What if the girls are all coming on to us?"....well what do you do if a boy you don't like comes onto you? :confused:

MavisDavis wrote: »
    Yes, but I'm assuming that the reason you didn't like them wasn't because they were gay.
    You like someone based on their personality generally and I think the camp thing could be more linked to this than sexuality (though obviously that's a factor).

Most of my gay friends are a bit camp. It can be a bit grating at times, 'cause they get bitchy, but it's the people themselves that are annoying. Nothing about their sexuality!

Of course, yes. I don't like the people I was talking about because they literally don't talk about anything but being gay. I wouldn't like somebody if all they ever talked about was their dog either though. It's not specifically because they're gay. :)

I don't mind camp people either, but I don't really get camp humour tbh.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

brummytom wrote: »
    Wow, everyone here's posted positive things

/zips mouth and runs out
    You can't bury the past Brummytom :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    You can't bury the past Brummytom :D

:eek::mad:

I've got the pitchforks, who's bringing the moisturiser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

LGBT people don't make straight people feel uncomfortable for liking the opposite sex, so why should we do it to them? You can't help who you're attracted to. I think it's more important to base your view of a person on their personality, not on what genitalia they like :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

Don't care, it honestly makes no difference to me. It's 2010, people should be allowed to make their own choices without interference and judgement from others.

Advertisement