Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Fish to BBQ...!!

Options
  • 27-05-2010 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

As above him me..!!
    Going to try out new stuff..!!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

A whole side of sea trout done in a fish rack is really good - serve with some lemon thyme butter.
    Sea trout will be farmed but can be very good all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

A whole side of sea trout done in a fish rack is really good - serve with some lemon thyme butter.
    Sea trout will be farmed but can be very good all the same.

I've done this before - I lashed two grill doofers from grill pans together and held them with tinfoil twisted into strings. Worked a treat! And it tasted great.
    A sea trout is cheap too - will feed 4-6 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Mackerel being an oily fish are ideal for grilling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Alun wrote: »
    Mackerel being an oily fish are ideal for grilling.

Correct, Mackerel is beautiful from the bbq. A little shake of salt and thats all it needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Correct, Mackerel is beautiful from the bbq. A little shake of salt and thats all it needs.

And very easy to catch yourself if you're near the sea!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Wantobe

Mackerel needs mustard!

I like jumbo prawns, marinaded in olive oil, garlic and a little lemon, then threaded on a skewer and on the bbq for a flash cook.

Or if you're feeling rich, intersperse the prawns with some scallops wrapped in bacon. Mmmm. God I love fish/seafood.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Red salmon

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

A shrimp :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Tuna steaks...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Bass is a good fish to grill. Closed season until the 15th of June though.
    You can always buy the small farmed ones in the supermarkets though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

If you want to try something really different try planked salmon. A plank of untreated cedar is soaked in water for a few hours, then you lay the side of salmon on top and barbecue the lot on the grill. The smoke from the plank penetrates the oily fish and is delcious. And it looks cool too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Red snapper!! One of the best meals that I've ever had was freshly caught red snapper - straight from the fisherman's boat - barbecued in jerk sauce on Hellshire beach in Jamaica.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Gyalist wrote: »
    Red snapper!! One of the best meals that I've ever had was freshly caught red snapper - straight from the fisherman's boat - barbecued in jerk sauce on Hellshire beach in Jamaica.

Just about to say it, red snapper or kingfish.

I like to leave the fish whole, topped and tailed, butterflied and stuffed, slow cooked on the bbq in tinfoil and then open the foil for the last few mins to brown the outside.

Advertisement