Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 Social Link Package

Options
  • 27-05-2010 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi ,
    I am currently on prepay 02 and have been for the last few years, i find it great as i was on a tariff that i could pick 3 friends and can ring them after 6 for 1 cent a minute. i would spend about 30 euro a month and I dont want to go to a bill pay.
    I was wondering has anyone signed up to the 02 social link. It sounds like a really good deal. you must top up by 20 euro a month and you get all calls free to 02 customers and free texts and free facebook.
    Some of the questions I have are

If you ring non 02 customers does this come off the 20 euro or is it extra.

What happens if you forget to top up by 20 euro?

I take it if you dont use the 20 euro you lose it?

Can you opt out and if you do do you still have your previous benefits e.g call a friend for 1 cent.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

scholes wrote: »
    Hi ,
    I am currently on prepay 02 and have been for the last few years, i find it great as i was on a tariff that i could pick 3 friends and can ring them after 6 for 1 cent a minute. i would spend about 30 euro a month and I dont want to go to a bill pay.
    I was wondering has anyone signed up to the 02 social link. It sounds like a really good deal. you must top up by 20 euro a month and you get all calls free to 02 customers and free texts and free facebook.
    Some of the questions I have are

If you ring non 02 customers does this come off the 20 euro or is it extra.

What happens if you forget to top up by 20 euro?

I take it if you dont use the 20 euro you lose it?

Can you opt out and if you do do you still have your previous benefits e.g call a friend for 1 cent.

Thanks

You'll have to sign up to one of the the Experience call plans. One of them gives free o2 calls and texts for topping up by €20, and one gives free any network texts for topping up by €20. This social link thing is now an added extra for topping up by €20.

If you don't top up, you lose it until you top up again. A €20 top up activates the benefits for 30 days.

You can't switch back to a legacy plan once you sign up to experience which is what you need to do, so your 1c call a friend would be gone for good.

However, I think that was restricted to O2 customers anyway so if you switched to the free O2 calls/texts plan you'd be able to call all O2 customers for nothing, so you don't really lose.

Ringing non O2 customers comes off your credit. 30c a minute if topped up by €20 in the last 30 days, 35c if not.

Personally, I think the social link thing is rubbish- but thats because I use the o2 forums where we were continuously told a new data plan/pricing structure was coming. Turns out they were lying to us all along and this is what they gave us instead. Other than that I suppose its fine.

Lastly, make sure your phone is compatible. Not all phones are, you'll have to download the social link app to your phone, and you'll have to use facebook through this app, otherwise it will cost 99c a day. Also, the social link thing is only free until the end of august.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭scholes

Thanks a mill for the response Jordanius, when you say that it ends at the end of august , is this just the facebook e.t.c part ? do you still get the free 02 calls and texts after that?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

scholes wrote: »
    Thanks a mill for the response Jordanius, when you say that it ends at the end of august , is this just the facebook e.t.c part ? do you still get the free 02 calls and texts after that?

thanks

Hi, yeah thats correct. Free calls and texts will still be there after August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

The social link app will probably be available past the 3 months also.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭scholes

That's great , thanks all for the replys. really appreciated it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭woodzie

Does anyone know what the song in the o2 social link ad is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

The music track from the ad is called Girlfriend by Phoenix

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭woodzie

Cheers Daryll. Thanks for that! Its a good tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

I'm having some problems with my Social Link app and wondered if anyone could help me out... At the "Terms & Conditions" screen during the installation stage I keep get getting an error message screen after I input my phone number and e-mail to register. I have tried removing the app and re-downloading it several times now but the same keeps occurring - a really annoying error message screen with the word "Oops!". Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I'm having some problems with my Social Link app and wondered if anyone could help me out... At the "Terms & Conditions" screen during the installation stage I keep get getting an error message screen after I input my phone number and e-mail to register. I have tried removing the app and re-downloading it several times now but the same keeps occurring - a really annoying error message screen with the word "Oops!". Thanks in advance!

What phone are you using?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

Davy wrote: »
    What phone are you using?

The HTC Smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

The HTC Smart.

yeah same problem here with the htc smart...

Advertisement