Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are spotlights available that are not too deep?

Options
  • 28-05-2010 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am starting to get my house first fix wired on Monday and am looking at spotlights (Edit: sorry! downlighters) for most ceilings, 2 watt or 3 watt LED spotlights to keep energy usage down.

I have 15mm OSB board sheeting the entire ceiling on the inside, and don't want to puncture holes all over the ceilings by using deep fittings.

Are there any "shallow" down lighters available? Either LED, or if not maybe incandescent, Magnetic Low Voltage, or halogen that dont put out too much heat to require a deep space at the back of the spotlight? The Centralite system will control all of these types.

Thanks if ye can advise!

Steve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

a lot of manufacturers will have downlighters with open backs which take the 3 watt led lamps, either gu10 led or low voltage led.
    for instance the robus rd108 lv fitting is only about two and a half inches deep inc the lamp and likewise the robus r 201sc gu10 fitting is similar dimensions.
    most of the fittings you see will have a depth messurement of 100 mm but this is usually to accomadate the arm that holds the lampholder away from the cable and traffo and might not be needed when using led lamps

Advertisement