Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC EXPO IN LONDON--15th+16th oct

• 28-05-2010 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

The ufc will be bringing the ufc expo for the ufc 119/120, event in london.

Im not sure how to link websites,, but my sources are MMABAY.COM and also the official ufc facebook page..:)

Great weekend planned that weekend for me anyway. :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

rooneyboy wrote: »
    The ufc will be bringing the ufc expo for the ufc 119/120, event in london.

Im not sure how to link websites,, but my sources are MMABAY.COM and also the official ufc facebook page..:)

Great weekend planned that weekend for me anyway. :cool:

Please don't use that website as a source because it is the worst mma site on the internet and is rarely correct.

UFC FB is a completely different story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

yeah, until it's put on a legitimate source please don't use MmaGay as a source.

Could be true though, not that i'd bother me arse goin to London again cos it's a kip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Dont see anything on their FB page

Wait I see a post in Discussions using that site as a source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 rooneyboy

unknown13 wrote: »
    Please don't use that website as a source because it is the worst mma site on the internet and is rarely correct.

UFC FB is a completely different story.

Yeah thats why i waited until i seen it on facebook before posting anything..:o

Dont see anything on their FB page

The official ufc news (updated daily) page, is the page i seen it on.

It could b a fake page,, but i assumed it was official:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

It is official but the discussions arn't. They can be started by anyone

nope, i could start a discussion on there now, that i'm gonna be fightin Rooneyboy for the UFC lightweight title in Ballymun, don't make it official one bit

Maybe the thread should be closed until wee get official work on it,, im startin to think it could be a piss take maybe.
    I honestly believed it though :(

Maybe the thread should be closed until wee get official work on it,, im startin to think it could be a piss take maybe.
    I honestly believed it though :(

Just repeat after me, 100 times.

I WILL NEVER EVER GO TO MMABAY AGAIN AND I WILL NEVER LISTEN TO THERE FABRICATED STORIES

See, much better

It may be announced at the expo which takes place this weekend but I cannot it see it happening.

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Just repeat after me, 100 times.

I WILL NEVER EVER GO TO MMABAY AGAIN AND I WILL NEVER LISTEN TO THERE FABRICATED STORIES

See, much better

I wont be going near that site again, lol

Lets hope they will hold one though,,

Lets hope they will hold one though,,

I don't think it will happen for a while. The only suitable venue in London is really the ExCel and that isn't close to the 02 arena.

If the they were to do one in the UK it could be in surprising Dublin using the Dublin convention centre on the quays and the event would obviously be in the 02 or it would be somewhere where a the arena and convention centre are near.

If it was on in Dublin I wouldn't go to the expo because it would take the fun out of meeting fighters. They would just be there in the expo.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭kid chaos

nope, i could start a discussion on there now, that i'm gonna be fightin Rooneyboy for the UFC lightweight title in Ballymun, don't make it official one bit
    That fights worth the entrance fee alone

Dana announced at the post fight press conference it is happening

unknown13 wrote: »
    Dana announced at the post fight press conference it is happening

Good job hi,, I'll be there 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I went to the expo in Vegas at UFC 100, queueing at the booths to meet fighters was a pain in the arse. Stand in line for hours and then get herded past, not allowed a picture, just a signed photosheet. Save your time and just hang around the expo itself. I met Nate Marquardt, Philippe Nover, Jens Pulver, Bobby Lashley, Clay Guida, Caol Uno and Dustin Hazelett just dandering around the expo.

Am i alone here in thinking that UFC is getting wayyyy to feckin big, and that's not necessarily a good thing. I prefered it when it was less main stream

Am i alone here in thinking that UFC is getting wayyyy to feckin big, and that's not necessarily a good thing. I prefered it when it was less main stream

Why?

MMA being smaller and less main stream means less money in the sport, less attraction for top athletes to get involved, less events happening etc.

I'm all for the growth of MMA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gadge

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I went to the expo in Vegas at UFC 100, queueing at the booths to meet fighters was a pain in the arse. Stand in line for hours and then get herded past, not allowed a picture, just a signed photosheet. Save your time and just hang around the expo itself. I met Nate Marquardt, Philippe Nover, Jens Pulver, Bobby Lashley, Clay Guida, Caol Uno and Dustin Hazelett just dandering around the expo.

That's right, you've a way better chance of meeting fighters at their sponsors' booth rather than queueing up for it. Last year's one in Vegas was a great experience and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who's gonna be in the UK for the fights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Gadge wrote: »
    That's right, you've a way better chance of meeting fighters at their sponsors' booth rather than queueing up for it. Last year's one in Vegas was a great experience and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who's gonna be in the UK for the fights.

Gadge and I both had the VIP passes, best $500 I ever spent.

Advertisement