Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eyebrow piercing

Options
  • 28-05-2010 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭

I've been considering getting an eyebrow piercing for quite a while now. I've never had a piercing done before so I'm sort of unsure. Is there any precautions I should take to get one? Anything I should know before hand?

Any information at all regarding this topic would be useful. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 the wizzard

You should just take the same precautions that you would take with any other piercing. Make sure you really want it, make sure you're happy with its location (where abouts on the body it is) and finally, make sure you use a good and reputable piercer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Well like I said I've never had any piercings before, so I'm not sure what precautions to take? :confused: And yeah I will be using a well known place to get it done. :)

Regarding whether or not I'd like it, is there any way I could get a fake one or something? lol :P

There is a book called Piercing forDummies which contains a fake piercing, look on eBay for more details. If you don't like it, just take it out. It will heal and if done properly leave minimal scarring. Best of all though is, "If in doubt, leave it out".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Go to a proper studio for starters. The bar the studio will use is generally curved because it conforms to the skin better than a straight one. The healing time is about 8 to 16 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭carmel27

Ya, like others have said, go to a proper piercing studio. I had mine done but its closed up now as I couldnt really wear it in work and plasters were costing me a fortune!!!

TBH, I kinda wish I hadnt done it. Its closed now, but I have a scar from it, and that eyebrow is shorter than the other because the hair doesnt really grow over the scar. (And before anyone suggests it, I dont want to pluck the other as short! So I use pencil!)

I have my tongue done also, and I love it, but it was v painful. Eyebrow was not at all sore, but you have to keep it clean, the same as any other piercing. And be very careful puttin on and taking off t-shirts etc, as its very sore when the stud gets caught!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

The Eyebrow is very a popular one to start off with. It was my first aswell. Its relatively painfree, and heals a charm in about 8-10weeks.

As for cleaning and such. Boil a pints of water, pour it into a pint glass with about half a tea spoon of sea salt. Has to be sea salt, regular salt has lots of impurities and chemicals. Let the salt dissolve and let the water cool to a comfortable temperature. Soak a cotton pad in it and hold it on the piercing for about 10 mins. If the pad gets cold, swap it for a new one. Avoid touching it unnecessarily till its healed. Wash your hands before cleaning it.
    Your piercer will go over all this with you anyways, but just so you know what your in for.

Thanks guys this really helps! Like the person above me said, I won't be allowed to wear it in work. I'm assuming that could be a problem, especially in the beginning? :(

I've been thinking about it for ages now though! Really want one! Can anyone give an estimate on costs?

Edit: Is it possible to get a fake eyebrow bar piercing? (Not a ring)

It usually cost around €30- €35. you can get a fake ring but I must admit I've never seen a fake barbell.

It usually cost around €30- €35. you can get a fake ring but I must admit I've never seen a fake barbell.

Thats what I thought.. Don't think I really want a ring :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭lissacahaluke

Hey guys what about a clear retainer for work and put in whatever you want when your goin out and things?
    But would this cause irritational problems cos this was what I was planning to do for my eyebrow for school?
    Luke.

• Advertisement

Luke.

You stole my name. You bitch. :eek:

lol :P

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭lissacahaluke

Danger781 wrote: »

:p is all i can say......:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Hey guys what about a clear retainer for work and put in whatever you want when your goin out and things?
    But would this cause irritational problems cos this was what I was planning to do for my eyebrow for school?
    Luke.

If your going to do that wait till the piercing has healed up. Taking it in and out will irritate the hell out of it, and will take alot longer to heal. I'm not sure if it can be pierced with a clear retainer or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

loved my eyebrow piercing but kept getting clipped by my Motorcycle helmet (edited post after i had just put helmet and it just looked so wrong)

Miss the little fecker...and i dont drive bikes anymore...wouldnt get it done again i dont think...brain conflict

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

Danger781 wrote: »

So you came up with Danger781? I'd keep quiet about that if it was me.

Anyways, the piercing, no better piercing if you're a teenager, had it done myself; you need to keep your occupation in mind though.

taytothief wrote: »
    Anyways, the piercing, no better piercing if you're a teenager, had it done myself; you need to keep your occupation in mind though.

That's the only thing holding me back to be honest.. At the moment I only work 3 nights a week which would be fine if I got the piercing.. But if I got another job I'd be kinda screwed :/

Advertisement