Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching set dancing to teens

Options
  • 28-05-2010 7:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi, I have been asked to teach two Sets to Italian students who are coming to an English Language school in Clare in July. I have been set dancing for about 3 years and know most sets but I was wondering if anybody know what set might be easiest to teach to them, they will only have 6 lessons of 45 mins each and they must learn the Siege of Ennis also! I dont want to teach the Caledonian as I think its a bit boring! so I want to teach them two easy but interesting sets!! any tips would be gratefully accepted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

The North Kerry set is very simple, possibly the easiest set to learn but still fun to dance. The Plain set is also a great one. I first learned this as a teenager. It's slightly more complicated but really enjoyable to dance. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Nature lover

Thanks Futurecrook, I will have a look at the North Kerry set

Advertisement