Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interpol playing Dublin

Options
  • 28-05-2010 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Interpol are playing Dublin in November. Heard it on Phantom this morning! November 29th at the Olympia Theatre! Tickets going on sale on Wednesday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Cheers for the heads up, will def be going to that gig

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

Can't wait for this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

will deffo make this, pity it's on a Monday though. Am keen to see them somewehere else too, i've a feeling this will be their last tour. these are the shows i know of:

06.10.10 - Toulouse
    16.11.10 - Marseille

20.11.10 - tempodrom, berlin
    21.11.10 - westfalenhalle 2, dortmund

29.11.10 - Dublin

think there's a lisbon date too. Anybody have a full list of shows? (not the U2 ones)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

here they are if anybody is interested.

October 6 - Toulouse, France @ Le Bikini
    **October 8 - Rome, Italy @ Olympic Stadium

NOVEMBER

November 12 - Lisbon, Portugal @ Campo Pequeno [Tickets May 28th]
    November 16 - Marseille, France @ Le Dock des Suds
    November 17 - Milan, Italy @ Palasharp [Tickets June 3rd]
    November 18 - Vienna, Austria @ Gasometer [Tickets May 28th]
    November 20 - Berlin, Germany @ Tempodrom
    November 21 - Dortmund, Germany @ Westfalenhalle 2
    November 27 - Edinburgh, Scotland @ Corn Exchange [Tickets June 3rd]
    November 29 - Dublin, Ireland @ Olympia [Tickets June 2nd]

I think Dublin will sell out, what do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Thanks for the heads up! It'll sell out pretty fast I would imagine. Good to have them back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Sweet! thanks for the heads up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

will easily sell out i think, olympia is small for them i think.they were class in the rds a few years back and at oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭mosstin

df1985 wrote: »
    will easily sell out i think, olympia is small for them i think.they were class in the rds a few years back and at oxegen.

Oof, they were ****e at the RDS which had more to do with the venue than the band. It was also around the time of one of their poorer albums, but not an enjoyable gig at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

mosstin wrote: »
    Oof, they were ****e at the RDS which had more to do with the venue than the band. It was also around the time of one of their poorer albums, but not an enjoyable gig at all.

Gotta disagree with you...I thought it was an excellent gig.

Agree about the RDS, its a terrible venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

I too thought the RDS gig was excellent but I was at the front so the annoying RDS echo didn't affect me :p

• Advertisement

I thought the RDS gig was phenomenal!!!!!
    I didn't hear any echo, I do agree it was the poorest album to date, so pretty good tho, just not as instantly enjoyable like TOTBL and Antics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭funnyname

Interpol are playing Dublin in November. Heard it on Phantom this morning! November 29th at the Olympia Theatre! Tickets going on sale on Wednesday

Which site will the tickets be on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭funnyname

Thanks

A bit pricey, €44 for Dublin vs £26 for Edinburgh, fairly standard I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

the price is putting me off. Saw them before and I'm not really prepared to fork out 44euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭seregrail7

€44 for a gig in The Olympia is a complete rip off. Not a chance I'm paying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Very very pricey. But I suppose it's what we've come to expect. And it's not like products where we can choose a cheaper brand or "not buy" in protest. If it's one of my favorite bands Im not going to not go in protest presuming that, on realization that I didn't show up, they'll come back and play a cheaper gig. Reckon it'll sell out fast never the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

Both two. Girlfriend didn't look happy when i said they were too expensive, so suddenly it wasn't worth not going.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

sold out already I think!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭glanman

keep trying. i got none kept trying and then got 4, people will cancel orders , time runs out etc... so there are scraps left over....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Second day been added already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

tomissex wrote: »
    Second day been added already!

I ****ing hate the way they do that, tuesday would have suited me better, but I got in quick for Monday cos I didnt know. Ticketmaster are *****.

Ah well least im going.

Got one for Tuesday cheers anyway.
    There are a few upper circle tickets still left for Monday if you are quick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

seregrail7 wrote: »
    €44 for a gig in The Olympia is a complete rip off. Not a chance I'm paying that.

Olympia gigs are normally more expensive when anyone big-ish is playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭glanman

i would expect a 3rd and maybe 4th gig, they not in manchester until the 3rd of december, their next gig after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 AlanMc123

I was on Ticketmaster since 10 to and kept checkin the page to see if tickets were on sale, and somehow still managed to miss out on tickets for the monday. Thank God they added the tuesday

Last ever gigs perhaps??

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

I was supposed to get tickets and totally forgot about it until 5 minutes ago, jesus feather head or what??

but anyways thanks to this thread i seen that there were tickets for Tuesday so now I am sorted!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Monday gig must have sold out in about 2 minutes. Chose 'best available' and got circle tickets, so went back and chose standing and they were already gone! Kept trying but couldn't get anything after that.

Got tickets for the Tuesday gig anyway. :)

• Advertisement

Gadgie wrote: »
    Monday gig must have sold out in about 2 minutes. Chose 'best available' and got circle tickets, so went back and chose standing and they were already gone! Kept trying but couldn't get anything after that.

Got tickets for the Tuesday gig anyway. :)

Yeah, I was trying at 9.02 and there were none available then. Came back around 9.15 and there were a few upper circle tickets back on sale. But they all sold out again in about 2 minutes.
    I think Monday is pretty sold out at this stage.

Advertisement