Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interpol playing Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

MCD have confirmed that the first show is sold out:

http://www.facebook.com/mcd.productions/posts/132290313451524

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

I'd say try toutless or adverts :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Third date added

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Managed to get 2 standing tickets for the third date.. Think it's the fourth year in a row I'm going to gig on the 1st December! :D

Just under 50 for a ticket is madness though. I've been to sold out gigs in the Olympia for much less. Obviously there's deviants each time, just seems excessive. Ah well, I'm sure it'll be amazing; great to see them again!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LimboPanto

Standing tickets for the Monday night, soooooo psyched for this even if Carlos D is no more.

Quick question though, is the Olympia strict on ID? Cause that would be a problemo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

Can't wait for this gig,seen them live a few times (most recently about a month ago in Brussels) and they never dissapoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Beans_On

have tkts been issued in the post yet from ticketmaster?

need to know as mine are being sent to my old address.
    cant get through their cust service at all

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

Beans_On wrote: »
    have tkts been issued in the post yet from ticketmaster?

need to know as mine are being sent to my old address.
    cant get through their cust service at all

got mine in the post a few weeks back.
    isn't there a way of logging on to their site and checking if the tickets have been dispatched or not?

yeah ..you can check your order history.
    "your tickets are in the process of being printed" has been the status since i paid for them.

well I presume they have been posted now so i can call over to my old flat and collect post. thanks

Anybody know who is playing support for the Dublin dates?

• Advertisement

Surfer Blood as far as i know.
    Good band. saw them at Primavera

Beans_On wrote: »
    Surfer Blood as far as i know.
    Good band. saw them at Primavera

Thanks for that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

If doors are 7:30 and they have a warm up act what time do you reckon they will be on? I dont finished work till at least 8. :confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Exar Khun wrote: »
    If doors are 7:30 and they have a warm up act what time do you reckon they will be on? I dont finished work till at least 8. :confused:

Roughly 9 or just after

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ciantheod

Have a ticket with upper circle , going with two mates who have standing tickets , anyone know what my chances are trying to get on floor?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

No chance.
    People with standing tickets enter the venue from the front doors, people with upper circle tickets enter via the entrance at the side of the venue.
    You'll be seperated as soon as you enter the venue.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I have upper circle tickets and each ticket has a seat number but it says unreserved on them - does this mean it's first come, first served basis with seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Damian Duffy

I have upper circle tickets and each ticket has a seat number but it says unreserved on them - does this mean it's first come, first served basis with seats?

I think it does yes, from the one time I sat at the Olympia that's how I remember it being although it does seem a little silly.

In unrelated but extremely relevant news, I am absolutely buzzing for this gig. Cannot wait till tonight!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nirlguy

Mod note: No ticket advertising permitted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 technogoblin

While I really, really like Interpol, I feel about tonight's gig like I do about their most recent album, it's all there, but it never really lifts off. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed tonight, but having seen them twice now, there's just something that gets in the way of me giving them a glowing review. Thoughts anyone?

With regard to Surfer Blood, I enjoyed their opening set, but I don't think they're a band to open for a band like Interpol; they're breezy, where Interpol are quite intense as a live act. The combination for me, anyway, just didn't work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Ari Gold

While I really, really like Interpol, I feel about tonight's gig like I do about their most recent album, it's all there, but it never really lifts off. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed tonight, but having seen them twice now, there's just something that gets in the way of me giving them a glowing review. Thoughts anyone?

With regard to Surfer Blood, I enjoyed their opening set, but I don't think they're a band to open for a band like Interpol; they're breezy, where Interpol are quite intense as a live act. The combination for me, anyway, just didn't work.

What time did Interpol go on stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭the_big_kahuna

Ari Gold wrote: »
    What time did Interpol go on stage?

They came on late enough. Think it was just after 21:30 and finished around 23:00 or so. Great show but I think I may agree with technogoblin.... There was just something missing.

Am I mad thinking I may have enjoyed the RDS gig more even though it was a great performance last night?!! :confused:

How in the hell am I supposed to get to Dublin today?

Arrrrghhhhhhhhhh.........

hyperbaby wrote: »
    How in the hell am I supposed to get to Dublin today?

Arrrrghhhhhhhhhh.........

I know, it's madness. I drove in last night grand, but then it was like skiing home!! :eek:

There were a good few empty seats at the gig as well so people must have been in a similar position to yourself.

Maybe they should consider rescheduling the gig but who knows!

Empty seats at a sold out gig yeah?
    I doubt they will reschedule the gig :(

My friend and I just decided there is no point trying to get to Dublin from Galway and then we would have major difficulties trying to get home tonight or tomorrow morning.
    Very disappointing, but at least I will be more determined not to miss The National And Arcade fire at the weekend.

Was the gig good last night?
    *nevermind i just read you thought it was great*

hyperbaby wrote: »
    Empty seats at a sold out gig yeah?
    I doubt they will reschedule the gig :(

My friend and I just decided there is no point trying to get to Dublin from Galway and then we would have major difficulties trying to get home tonight or tomorrow morning.
    Very disappointing, but at least I will be more determined not to miss The National And Arcade fire at the weekend.

Was the gig good last night?
    *nevermind i just read you thought it was great*

I know. Obviously empty because people got stuck with the weather.

I reckon you should try make it and stay in a hotel close by for the night. Start heading up now though ;) the main roads will be gritted a bit tomorrow mid morning so you should get home fine (the n4 has been grand for the most part) - or else get the train? Make it an adventure! :)

We were going to get the train but decided it was too much hassle.
    ticket cost and hopes down the drain.
    Also i have to work tomorrow so it would be too much hassle getting back...

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

the show was great, they played many tunes from the first 2 albums (including a wonderful Leif Erikson), i think only My Chemistry from OLTA and the best tunes from the last album (ie Lights, barricades).
    The gig was way better than the last one in RDS, Paul was in the right mood (he is not very talkative in general but he was kinda interacting with the crowd), his vocal performance was great, so was the one from Daniel.
    I think the presence of Carlos D is what you really perceive as missing, he was a showman! but i think his departure was beneficial to the group, i think they enjoy again to play together now.
    I've shot some nice vids, so stay tuned! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭TemptationWaits

I went last night, they were so great!! They played like all my favourite songs of theirs; Evil, C'mere, Success, Slow Hands. And Narc was so good live, it's one of my favourites now! Surfer Blood were good too, but nothing compared to the Silversun Pickups at Placebo last year. I would definitely go to Interpol again!

We had to drive to Dublin from Cork, it was grand on the way up but coming home was like driving through a feckin' blizzard!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Mr Marenghi

What time were surfer blood on at ?

Advertisement